News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO, CA MARCH 1-2, 2014 LADYSEED

Started by NorCal22Gal, March 04, 2014, 12:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

To paraphrase Winnie the Pooh..."It was a blustery weekend...."  and I think that is an understatement!

11wonderful ladies from 9-73 yrs young joined together in the 2nd Sacramento, CA Ladyseed. 

Saturday morning was very overcast, occasionally showery, and breezy, the clouds went away in the late morning and the sun came out and it got very windy!  The ez-up snatching, mat flipping, hat stealing kind of wind.  I was the hatless shoot boss this weekend....as my hat flew off several times...usually heading toward the targets, I finally stuffed it in a bag to prevent it from becoming muddy.

These ladies were AWESOME!  Right from the starting Red Coat they showed a determination worthy of any of those Determined, Dangerous Dames. 

We turned on the fire hose and starting the teaching. Though most of these ladies were fairly new to rifles if not shooting in general they worked very hard to put what we taught in to practice on the line. 

A break for lunch and the loudest telling of the three strikes I've ever had to do and it was back to finish up the day.

Clean up was quick as every one wanted off the range and out of the wind.

Sunday...wind, clouds, and rather chilly....occasional sprinkles. 

We hit the ground running and began reviewing the information from the day before.  Progress showed, not only at the targets but in the overall ladies understanding of what they were doing...they understood that if they did this thing,they could change the results down range.

Lunch was done under very cloudy skies and almost the same volume of wind.  Dangerous Old Men and Determined, Dangerous Dames stories were shared and enjoyed by all.

We finished the day with one AQT and the final Red Coat...the rain held off until the very end...clean up was quick and wet...thanks to all who stayed and helped.

I AM VERY, VERY, VERY PROUD OF THESE WOMEN...they stayed, stuck it out, learned and had a great time.  I doubt anyone of them will ever think they can't shoot a rifle.   ^:)^   :---

Ladies, thank you for making the weekend WONDERFUL!  Hope to see you all at a shoot in the future...soon...bring your friends and family.

To my amazing instructors...THANK YOU SOOOOOO VERY MUCH.  Neve, 3Huzzahs, you didn't have to come all that way...Eaglescouter Thank you.   :bow:

ExpressMail, HeavyTank, Vinnie....Thank you.

Ladies...Thank you. 

Your Instructors for the weekend

Laurie   NorCal22Gal  Shoot Boss
Missy      Missy
Linda       Ducky
Melissa    Melissa
Zivanka    Mikey's Gal
Danielle    Dani'O
Melanie

Darryl      3Huzzahs
Mike        Neve
Joe            eaglescouter
Chris        ExpressMail
Vinnie      Vinnie
Jacob        HeavyTank  (aka Tank)

Laurie  ;)
NorCal22Gal

Missy

Thanks to all the shooters who had wonderful, teachable attitudes all weekend long, even through the wind and the cold. Thanks to all the guys who came out to help- you were invaluable. It was a wonderful shoot. I left this one with a big smile on my face  ;D

Missy

Missy

Love the pictures, as usual.Thanks, Vinnie, for posting them!