News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Davilla - where *is* it?

Started by DocOutlands, September 28, 2008, 01:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocOutlands

For whatever reason, I can't decipher exactly where Davilla is located.  Feed me a landmark or geographical area?  Thanks!
--Michael in LA
Don't prep to outlast 'The Troubles,' prep to NOT NOTICE 'The Troubles'!

Spatulaman

DocOutlands

DocOutlands

Now I see it... waaaaay over there by Austin!  I think I'm closer to Yellville than Davilla.

didactic

Everybody's gotta be somewhere.

More Texas venues are coming, probably soon.  So get to Davilla when and if you can, and go to closer sites as they become available.
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

DocOutlands

Or host one myself in Louisiana once I understand better what the requirements are!

didactic

QuoteOr host one myself in Louisiana once I understand better what the requirements are!

Best solution of all!

Range requirements are several places on the forum, and I'll PM you with some details.

Where in LA are you?
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

Scout

Quote from: DocOutlands on September 28, 2008, 02:53:34 PM
Or host one myself in Louisiana once I understand better what the requirements are!

Doc, that is exactly what you should do. Start tomorrow and find us a good range we can use or some private land. I already have a secret instructor team stashed in Louisiana. I will come over to Louisiana and help you set it up and run the first few courses with you, you can take the course, shoot rifleman, and start working with the team that is already in place and become the focal point for the Louisiana program there.

I will PM you my phone number and we can talk about this by phone and I can easier explain what it takes to run the progrm in your state. Even if you don't want to become an instructor, I know you will want to help the program get a foothold in LA after you attend it. ;) :D
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

DocOutlands

Well, if you look at a map of the state and find the exact center, you'll see a large-ish city called Alexandria.  Go north on US 167 about 60 miles and you'll find a much smaller town called Winnfield.  If you take a west out into the national forest for about 20 miles, you'll be close.

I just moved into this particular area from the Monroe/West Monroe area of LA (up on I-20) and am still learning what is out here.  For example, I saw a billboard Thursday in another small town nearby for a gun-shop that has an attached 300yd rifle range.  I need to go find out what they have to offer.

The rotten trick?  Tomorrow, I start a new job on a pipeline project in the NE corner of TX, on I-30 (Mt. Pleasant).  6-day workweeks make an Appleseed something of a challenge for me.  I may be a *real* apple-tree, plant the seed and watch it grow on its own schedule before ya see any fruit.

Anyway, I have gotten one of the Instructor's sets from Fred and some of us have shot a few AQTs and Redcoats on the public land that is - literally - just outside my front door.  We're getting there.  At least now I'll be able to afford the practice ammo we need.

Y'all watch for PMs.

smle

DocOutlands,

While I do live a fair piece from you, I'll do what I can to help.

smle
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

Scout

OK Doc, here is another idea. I have two guys in Texarkana who I am trying to get into the program. They are almost there. I can put you in touch with them and you can maybe do some shooting on days you are free and not rushing home to LA.

I need you to help push them further into the program so we can have a presence in NE Texas around Texarkana to work North East Tx, South Eastern OK and North West LA. If you guys get together and do some APpleseed talking, it might be enough to help push those two over into the Appleseed camp.

I have to wait until after Thanksgiving to see them in person again to talk to them. Let me know if you are willing to do this and I will PM you the contact info, and give them yours and talk to them about you before I ask you to cold call them. They are two middle aged Marines, a Staff Seargent and an older 1st Seargent.
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

oldgrunt

I would be pleased to see something in my neck of the woods save me from driving 500 miles to shoot something..Southeast oklahoma ..I may not be much help but if you get it going I sure would support it from I- 35  east and south off I-44... I will keep my ear to the ground if it starts rubbling my way..OLDGRUNT ..out
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE