News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tallahassee, Fl. Isaac Davis Memorial Range 21-22 Feb 2014

Started by Engineer shooting, February 26, 2014, 12:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Once again the trusty staff at the Isaac Davis ran a smooth shoot, thanks to AdobeWalls, Lucky Lori, Sean Shoot Here, and of course the Silverbullet. Mostly return shooters but the new shooter all scored Rifleman. Huzzah!

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Tomblin

That looks like you achieved a 100 %  rate  at  students   getting their  rifleman patches.    Great  job,  well done.!

Lucky Lori

Although the students were lacking  the  achievement, the  hard work  was not.   Great  Job  Dan !!
Hope to see you again  with more students  and a  desire to  acquire  your   Orange  Hat !!  and help us continue the appleseed  Message !!

LUcky    LORI  !

AdobeWalls

Riflemen on the line IDMG.
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

kingrook

I should have posted this earlier.  I was one of the shooters at the Feb. 21-22 Appleseed event at the Isaac Davis Memorial Range.  I had a great time and met some wonderful folks.  If you are on this site you probably already know about the Appleseed program so I won't review the basics but skip right to the challenges and complications that can sometimes happen.  I thought I was pretty well prepared for the event but once the training started I realized one of my 10/22 rotary magazines wasn't working right so I borrowed one from the instructors.  Then I concluded my rifle wasn't working right so I borrowed one from the instructors.  Then it didn't seem my ammo was reliable so I borrowed from the instructors.  It then became apparent I needed more coaching so I got what I needed from the instructors.  Long story short - Appleseed instructors at IDMR (and elsewhere)are committed to the program and will do what it takes to get students successfully through the program.  And they do it in a way that's fun and safe.  If you have kids or grandkids make sure you get them through the training.  If you are an adult and haven't been through the program yourself, you may want to before you take your kids or grandkids.  There are lots of Appleseed venues; if you are near Tallahassee try the IDMR site.  It is a very good facility and has great instructors.

AdobeWalls

Huzzah! It takes a certain frame of mind to earn a Rifleman badge. Kingrook had the right frame of mind. Probably still does. That's why we welcome him. This country has lots of fine cooks. At Isaac Davis Memorial Gardens, we are making Riflemen.
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain