News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD - Feb 22 & 23, 2014 - Anne Arundel Fish & Game

Started by FFJim, February 24, 2014, 02:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFJim

Great weather greeted 13 open minded shooters as they arrived for the Project Appleseed event at Anne Arundel Fish & Game in Annapolis, MD. In the prior two weeks, Maryland had experienced artic temperatures and over 2 feet of snow. Of the 13 shooters, 10 were first time attendees and all had a great experience. Our two youth shooters (Mailly and Manuel) were excellent students and are sure to make that Rifleman score if they persist. I am confident we will see them on the line again in the future.

Additionally, long time Appleseed supporter Mike C. was able to show the group that he was deserving of the title of Rifleman. I am sure that Mike will be an example for many more shooters to come. Great job Mike!!!!

Fellow Appleseeders, please feel free to post your feedback, comments and pictures.
FF Jim
Dundalk, MD

BeSwift

And GREAT JOB to FFJim on his FIRST SOLO event as SB! Whooo Hoooo!   O0  ALL feedback I've gotten was that he and all the other instructors did an exemplary job!   
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

roady

Hey Jim,

Just found the forum and thought I would register and let you know once again that both Mailly and myself had a great time and will be attending again for sure. It is looking like it will probably be in April as Mailly already has plans on for the March date.

I also was just asked to help out with our local 4H program. Once I am in I am going to push on the higher ups to try and get you all over here for a private session with the 4H'ers.

BeSwift,

I can assure you that all of the instructors did a great job and really went above and beyond to help everyone that needed it.

MikeCee

I certainly have to congratulate FFJim on his first event as the Shoot Boss. Excellent job, Jim!

One of the friends that I brought along mentioned to me that he'd never been much of a shooter so he was very surprised to discover just how much fun shooting can be, even if you're only competing against yourself.
Qualified Rifleman Feb 2014 - Annapolis, MD
Requalified Rifleman July 2014 - Waldorf, MD
Joined Applecore July 2014
Requalified Rifleman May 2017 - Annapolis, MD

MillerC

FFJim did outstanding as a first time shoot boss. This was my first appleseed so I'm not sure what is really expected of a shoot boss. I will tell you that Jim was extremely patient. As if second nature, he was constantly reaffirming firearm safety, NPOA, and the 6 steps. After every engagement he had positive things to say which were encouraging for me to keep at it. He related his instructions to everyday real world experiences that people were relating with. He did not push an agenda (other than shooting rifleman). Not at one moment did he appear out of his element or nervous which bolstered my own confidence in him. He was extremely prepared and organized. All of the instructors were very helpful and knowledgeable. They were also encouraging us with accolades and fine tuning our positions.
Great job to everyone and see you in March.