News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hear ye! Hear ye! SoCal has a new Green Hat.

Started by Rocket Man, February 18, 2014, 02:37:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Man

To all my Appleseed brethren, some of whom are far away but always in my heart.

Let it be known that Jacob, "pennys dad" has reached for, proven himself worthy of, and accepted the Green Hat of Responsibility -- that is, to the Students, the Project, the Nation, and to our Posterity.

This has been a long time coming and I'm sure few are surprised, but let us take a moment to reflect upon the satisfaction of achievement.

Jacob has been a huge help to us all, and will continue to do so as I personally head into winter quarters for a while as I await the birth of my son, on or around Patriot's Day.  We all have much to celebrate.

Thank you, Jacob, and may not a drop of rain fall cruelly upon thy scheduled events!   :cool2: 
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

gonejohnny

Two Wolves

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

V

Congratulations,

Something different about that face... been awhile...

Seriously, congrats.

V

Johnnyappleseed

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Cal 7.62

Huzzah  ^:)^
Congrats Brother Jacob !
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

StormN

A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson