News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento, CA Feb 15-16, 2014

Started by PinBreaker, February 17, 2014, 07:20:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PinBreaker

What a great bunch of shooters!

7 shooters showed perseverance and spirit while remembering their American heritage.  No Riflemen were made, but several scores were in the high sharpshooter range on the AQT.

The weather was great.  The rain held off until after Saturday's last shot, although there was some surprise gusts in the afternoon that flipped some mats and had us scurrying around for rocks.

Some equipment issues that ware pretty typical:
  Tight chambers on new rifles
  Too Tall scope mounts
  Nylon slings slipping
  Sticky Ruger mag (wax buildup)
  Factory Ruger bolt release
  Factory Ruger sights
  Too short stocks
  Eyeglasses slipping on transition stages

Nearly all learned something new about their equipment, which is a great side-benefit of attending an Appleseed.

I really enjoyed listening to the personal stories on Sunday, with Samuel Whittemore, Prudence C. Wright, David Lamson, Mother Bathrick, Hezekiah Wyman, Deborah Sampson, and Luther Blanchard.  To remember their sacrifices is to honor them.

A special thanks to Melissa for designing the upcoming Patriot's day and LadySeed flyers.  You went beyond the call of duty.  Thanks to Joey for playing the White Cockade at lunch on Saturday.  And thanks to 3Huzzahs for bringing the Anshutz Olympic rifle for us to try out.

Vinnie

Missy

Fantastic pictures, Vinne! Thank you so much!  ^:)^

Neve

Another great Appleseed weekend! Big thanks to all of the attending shooters; y'all had great attitudes and were really receptive. It was a pleasure to meet all of you and good to see those of you who returned! Thanks to my fellow instructors; I always have a fantastic time with all of you! Thanks to Vinnie for the spectacular photos! Last but not least, a big thanks to PinBreaker for taking that green hat. You are an outstanding SB and thank you for making this shoot happen! Hope to see y'all out there next month!

Mike

Melissa

Sweet photos! Thank you all for another fantastic shoot. What a great line of participants and a wonderful group of instructors... we have those among us who know very well what they're about. See you on the range next month!  O0

Melissa

Vinnie

Denny's Awesome Appleseed Video!
Added to pictures post above     ..:..

polygunner

That looks like another fine weekend in Sacramento!
Sorry I missed it.
The video is awesome for sure, it's fun to see fellow Appleseeders having such a great time.
One question though.
How do i keep getting dust in my eyes while sitting in the living room watching an Appleseed video? #) ^:)^

Hope to see you soon

PG