News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Liberty Picnic

Started by 308LIBERTY, February 13, 2014, 03:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

308LIBERTY

I'm willing to spearhead the planning for this thing and I've asked a shoot boss whom I'm pretty confident will say yes. If this sounds like something that you would be interested in supporting, please chime in. The concept for this would be a relaxed-pace Appleseed focused towards families, friends and building community. Most of our normal POI could be presented but in a manner that even our elderly shooters and the younguns' can keep up with. No transitions or AQTs, enhancing safety and allowing more time to focus on one-on-one instruction and throwing in some fun contests with prizes like the first team to hit a reactive target at distance, etc. It would also feature a longer lunch where everyone brings a covered dish. The best voted dish gets a free AS gift certificate or something. It would also introduce new stories which we sometimes throw into AS about the Spirit of '76 and the hard winter that could not have been survived without people working together. This kind of event would also give instructors and their families a change of pace and perhaps even strengthen bonds of our own.

If you have any special skills or talents that might enhance a day like this, please give us your input. I'd especially like to find a few people with musical talent who can bring some folk songs of the era to perform. I think this could be a real bridge between Libertyseed and Appleseed, something to get them exited about our program without overwhelming them right out of the gate with the firehose and I truly think this would further enhance our mission. I hope you agree.

DwightC
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Pain Killer

"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

308LIBERTY

3 Strikes, perhaps condensed versions, Some of the "Heritage '76" stuff that Nero wrote and some DOM if there's enough time in the day. I intend to do some more studying of '76 and see if I can find a story that exemplifies the role of community support from a noncombatant point of view.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Pain Killer

"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

308LIBERTY

Right now, it's all just in my head, but I'm thinking Hernando might be a good venue for it. Once it becomes more than just an idea and my shoot boss is on board, we'll have to look into scheduling.

308LIBERTY

This is something I will continue to develop over the summer to make sure we have a solid game plan for the first one as I network with people for support and ideas. Looks like I will have no problem getting a shoot boss. :) For now, I need to focus on a Libertyseed and a promo event coming up in April as I work on my next 2 PCs. I truly think this idea has a lot of potential to help AS grow so it will remain my pet project, maybe even evolving into a Camp-Seed. In fact, I can envision a way to expand AS through this concept, creating an entirely new event that could be entitled "APPLESEED 1776 - Reviving the Spirit of America." How's that sound?

(btw, Hernando said a Sunday would be best for them since they are rather booked otherwise for the rest of the year)