News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2014 Pricing

Started by Taylor, February 13, 2014, 12:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

I'm in the process of putting a flyer together for Privateer's use at a Solon Springs gun show this weekend and would appreciate confirmation of my understanding of 2014's prices as per our web site...

All adults (18 and over, no gender distinction) $60 2-day/$40 1-day.
Yewts (under 18) $20 2-day/$15 1-day. No more one free with each paying adult.
Active Military, Reserve, NG, LEO, Elected Officials, Re-enactors and Physically Challenged Free.

Thanks for clarification.

Mike aka Taylor
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

George Hacker

Quote from: Taylor on February 13, 2014, 12:24:00 PM
I'm in the process of putting a flyer together for Privateer's use at a Solon Springs gun show this weekend and would appreciate confirmation of my understanding of 2014's prices as per our web site...

Active Military, Reserve, NG, LEO, Elected Officials, Re-enactors and Physically Challenged Free.

Mike aka Taylor

Looks good, but we need to be clear that there is a single price for a 2-day event, regardless of whether the shooter wants to attend both days or a single day.  The way it is written above would suggest that someone could sign up for 1 day at a 2-day event for $40, and that isn't the case.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Nero

What Shadowman said.   O0
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Taylor

Tweaked the wording as per your suggestions. Thanks.

Finished product attached.
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

scuzzy

Yeah - I still get an email now and then a bit confused about pricing. I'd changed the pricing page just two weeks ago to try and make it clearer:

https://appleseedinfo.org/pricing.html

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Pain Killer

How much does an Instructor or IIT pay to attend an RBC?
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

fepowered

Quote from: Pain Killer on February 13, 2014, 01:00:10 PM

Full Instructor and above attend RBCs for free.
IIT0 to IIT4 pay pay for their 1st RBC, unless they fit in any of the other categories, but thereafter are free.
Non-Instructors pay for every RBC they wish to attend.
https://appleseedinfo.org/tips/fees.php
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

scuzzy

Quote from: fepowered on February 13, 2014, 06:43:20 PM
Quote from: Pain Killer on February 13, 2014, 01:00:10 PM

Full Instructor and above attend RBCs for free.
IIT0 to IIT4 pay pay for their 1st RBC, unless they fit in any of the other categories, but thereafter are free.
Non-Instructors pay for every RBC they wish to attend.
https://appleseedinfo.org/tips/fees.php

And there is also SB discretion. If Scout hadn't given me a free pass back in 2009 to a Davilla RBC I wouldn't have been a part of all of This. Thanks Scout. I hope it was worth it.

I give out about 5 free passes each week to those I think deserve it. I try to read between the lines when I get an email asking 'Hey I'm a veteran but not active duty - can I get a free pass?' or 'I am a retired cop - can I come out' or 'I am an EMT does that qualify?' Of course it doesn't but I'll keep a dialog going.

I'll then reply and say "If you can't afford it I'll get you a free pass - however if you can afford the event then help Appleseed out because we work on a VERY narrow margin." About 90% reply back that 'I will just pay.' The others I give a pass to.

Lord knows none of us are in this for the money.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Trisha

Quote from: Taylor on February 13, 2014, 12:24:00 PM

Mike aka Taylor

To make it more clear if it is a 2 day event adults pay $60 regardless if they go for one day or two, they are paying for the event instead of by the day.

If it is a one day, such as Hubertus here in WI, the event is $40 for adults.

Reg two day Appleseeds for youth is $20 paying for the the event, not day

One day events, youth are $15.

Trisha

In your flyer I would take out the pricing for one day events since you don't have any up there that I can tell and maybe say $60 per event.

Also maybe say check out WIs schedule here: www.appleseedusa.org because having the rest theyll just glance passed it but with our regular website address on there a couple times it might stick with them.

Surveyor1653

Clarifying, then, as I just had this question come up tonight:

If it's a two-day event, you pay $60 whether you're going to be there both days or just on Saturday, despite having 1-day pricing at $40.  The one-day pricing is for one-day events, only.  Is that right?
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court

Trisha

Quote from: Surveyor1653 on February 13, 2014, 11:54:50 PM
Clarifying, then, as I just had this question come up tonight:

If it's a two-day event, you pay $60 whether you're going to be there both days or just on Saturday, despite having 1-day pricing at $40.  The one-day pricing is for one-day events, only.  Is that right?

That is correct, they are now paying for the event rather than daily fees. If you want to attend an As that is scheduled as a two day event, they pay $60 regardless of them going to one or two of its days. If the event scheduled is only a one day then they pay $40 since they're not given an opportunity to attend two days.

Taylor

Quote from: Trisha on February 13, 2014, 10:18:01 PM
In your flyer I would take out the pricing for one day events since you don't have any up there that I can tell and maybe say $60 per event.

Also maybe say check out WIs schedule here: www.appleseedusa.org because having the rest theyll just glance passed it but with our regular website address on there a couple times it might stick with them.

April 19 in Spooner is a one-day event so I thought it appropriate to have that pricing in there.

Martin's events will be added after I've had a chance to get those dates which will fill the page.Wisconsn schedule link was just something to fill in the blank space.

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison

martin

Quote from: Taylor on February 14, 2014, 09:34:04 AM

April 19 in Spooner is a one-day event so I thought it appropriate to have that pricing in there.

Martin's events will be added after I've had a chance to get those dates which will fill the page.Wisconsn schedule link was just something to fill in the blank space.

I'm working on getting people committed. I have Colfax, River Falls and Menomonie. Working on Boyceville, Alma, Pepin, and Elmwood.
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Taylor

Quote from: martin on February 22, 2014, 12:58:12 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 14, 2014, 09:34:04 AM

I'm working on getting people committed. I have Colfax, River Falls and Menomonie. Working on Boyceville, Alma, Pepin, and Elmwood.

O0

-Albert Einstein

-Joseph Addison