News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Myakka,Fl Feb.8&9,2014 MGAR AAR

Started by Sly223, February 12, 2014, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sly223

I first want to thank My staff,and my Brothers who made my event a success despite my efforts! Alkeford, You run a great show and always keep your cool wits about you. For that I thank you!
Stoneknives, always great to have you on our line!
DwightC thank you again good event and line calling.
BaldEagle thanks again you are comming right along in the traditions of AS keep up the Good work!
Frank congrats on score, Dr.Chris Mendello Awsome Sir every AQT was a formidable score the lowest I beleive was a 219! Huzzahh!We had fathers and sons like Shane and Andrew, We also had a very dangerouse Mother Son team in Michelle and Tristan.
Steve also requalified, fine work he remembered me from RCR.
Jared,Ryan and trevor all listened learned and applied instruction very well.
Fred did very well and is a dangerouse old man!
Tate and Steve also did well but had equiptment issues and one was a lefty this is a challenge by itself.
All in All great event the weather on Sat. was a crap shoot with alittle of everything,Rain wind cold hot could not make up its mind but Sunday was perfect! Again I thank all who attended we had a great time.
come on tell us all what you thought! ..:.. :pics:
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Sweetie_Love

I have to say, my first Appleseed was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had while shooting. I learned so much. All of the instructors were very well trained, and knew very well what they were about. Huzzah! Congratulations to Frank and Dr. Mendello for earning your patches.

Thanks again to Rick, Henry, Archie, Dwight and Ken for running a fantastic show!

On a side note: someone should create a Huzzah emoticon for the forums. :)

Michelle

As you can tell from the prior post, "Sweetie Love" (insert eye roll here) and I had a great time.  Thanks to the instructors who were incredibly kind to my son and patient with someone like me who has almost no shooting experience and barely knew which end of the rifle was which. 

We're going to keep practicing what we learned and hope to do another Appleseed weekend in May.  Maybe some day I'll be as good a shot as my son.  But even if that never happens, it's great to be able to have something like this to do as a family.

BaldEagle

Goodness, where do I begin. What a great time we had! The line varied from folks who "didn't know one end of the rifle from the other" to rifleman re qualifications and everything in between.

As the days wore on you could see the instruction making a difference in the groups on paper and the history fostering friendships without it we may not have forged.

For me, it certainly was and is my pleasure to give back what Apple Seed has taught me. As stated we are volunteers whose pay is that of seeing folks improve in their rifleman skills and are engaged in our history and heritage. Therefore I have been in full.

Please come back and join us again and thank you all for a great weekend. Keep up the practice, be each others coaches and burn in those steady hold factors, NPOA, and 6 steps.

308LIBERTY

I find it very hard to spend my weekends among such fine people and not be inspired. Monday I sent out emails to all my state senators and representatives about two new bills that look promising, designed a Libertyseed poster and started writing my 3 strikes. Even my wife now wants to spend Valentines day shooting rather than the normal romantic stuff. How did that happen? I guess the real secret to self improvement is to surround yourself with the best people and I am truly blessed to be in the company of men and women who truly know what they are about. Despite the challenges you all showed great tenacity and spirit. I feel invigorated and proud to have shared this experience with you. It gives me hope that just maybe this American ideal of Liberty will never fade away so long as we have more people like you.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Michelle

Where's the best place on the forum to post follow up questions about technique, equipment and practicing? 

308LIBERTY

"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Michelle

We just discovered an extra set of ear protection in the bag we brought to this clinic.  No idea how it got there or whose it is. 

If anyone is missing a set of ear defenders, please post a description and if these are yours I'll send them back.  (Sorry.)