News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Shoot at Atterbury

Started by SPQR, February 11, 2014, 03:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=39525.0

I know that several of you Michiganers intended to come down when the Sequester bit us.  I wanted to make sure you guys saw this.  We can't help the last minute nature of this.  We have been chasing a new date since the cancellation and the base is just getting their pants back on so this is what we get.  I hope to see many of you come down.  Feel free to bring gifts or (if you prefer to call them such) offerings  >:D >:D >:D

But seriously folks.  .223 is free so come gobble it up if you get the chance.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Superheat

Yes, bad timing.  I'm SBing or else I would be going. 

Folks, Don't miss out.  Go and have the time of your life.

Bill Winkle

Michigan is representing. Bill Winkle for sure. Anyone want a ride?
....Bill Winkle....

mac66

Quote from: Bill Winkle on February 11, 2014, 05:13:04 PM

Hmmm......maybe.  I'll let you know.

Nope. My wife informs me that we are going to Florida next week.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

SteelThunder

Have to travel to Dallas next week, England the following.  Figuring out how to be gone the weekend in between is going to be rough.  Will advise.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Bill Winkle

Quote from: SPQR on February 11, 2014, 03:25:03 PM
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=39525.0

I know that several of you Michiganers intended to come down when the Sequester bit us.  I wanted to make sure you guys saw this.  We can't help the last minute nature of this.  We have been chasing a new date since the cancellation and the base is just getting their pants back on so this is what we get.  I hope to see many of you come down.  Feel free to bring gifts or (if you prefer to call them such) offerings  >:D >:D >:D

But seriously folks.  .223 is free so come gobble it up if you get the chance.

I am out of the loop. What are the offerings or gifts?
....Bill Winkle....

SPQR

hey guys, I know how it is.  And the timing couldn't be worse (Believe me, if you knew how HQ could be you would realize why I have to wear camo in the house!  YIKES) but the fact that several of you are considering it is heartening in and of itself.  Its nothing too fancy, just get comeups and shoot some AQTs.  Sunday may not even run that long.  Think of it this way, the more people we get the less ammo we have to shoot  (30 folks get 200 a piece)  the fewer people, the more ammo.  We pretty much have our protocols down so we can run a ton of AQTs.  If we only have a few its a lot of pew pew.  I think 20 folks could run 8 AQTs pretty easily and still get home in daylight on Sunday.   
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

D.S.S.

I'm IN!!!  (Driving independently--sorry, leaving straight from work)

DSS
"Somehow, it is OK for little Johnny to shoot and kill in a gory bloody mess aliens and humans alike, but it is absolutely evil to actually shoot at a paper target at a range."  --Marco Vorobiev

The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time.  If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be.  --Thomas Jefferson

Aim small...miss small! --The Patriot (movie)

Bill Winkle

Quote from: Bill Winkle on February 11, 2014, 05:13:04 PM

Update: leaving Fri, returning Sun or Mon
....Bill Winkle....

SteelThunder

She-who-must-be-obeyed has given the green light to a Saturday only excursion.  I'll be driving down on Sat morning and leaving that evening after the shoot.

Will send the event registration form to the in@appleseed address.

See yuns there.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

D.S.S.

Quote from: SteelThunder on February 14, 2014, 11:26:33 AM
She-who-must-be-obeyed has given the green light to a Saturday only excursion.  I'll be driving down on Sat morning and leaving that evening after the shoot.

Will send the event registration form to the in@appleseed address.

See yuns there.

I'm surprised, based on your schedule, that she approved that much.  I chose also to be thankful.

DSS
"Somehow, it is OK for little Johnny to shoot and kill in a gory bloody mess aliens and humans alike, but it is absolutely evil to actually shoot at a paper target at a range."  --Marco Vorobiev

The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time.  If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be.  --Thomas Jefferson

Aim small...miss small! --The Patriot (movie)