News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fredericksburg 22-23 March

Started by PaleRider, January 29, 2014, 10:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleRider

Okay, I need a second Appleseed under my belt before I can be an IIT. I have a sleeping bag, a propane king cooker, and some other miscellaneous items that can help with camping, but I'm not an avid camper. I need to pair up (not in a sexual way) with someone to enable me to camp to save money for this AS. WHO CAN HELP!

I plan on being an IIT for the San Antonio area, so since there don't seem to be any (???), it's kinda an additional incentive :). Let me know with a PM, thanks!
Tim  ~~:)
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Bullet

Yay! Excited about having San Antonio instructors! Since there's a San Antonio shoot the following week, this means that you're coming to that shoot as an IIT....right?

You might want to check with drip drop on the camping thing.
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams

Two Wolves

Palerider, at the Fredericksburg range we have a large covered pavillion. Concrete floors. If you don't have camping equipment, all you really need is a folding cot, (Wal-Mart) and a fairly good sleeping bag with a pillow and an extra light blanket just to be safe.  Sleeping under the pavillion will keep you dry. There's running water and a port-a-potty. You won't be alone. We always have instructors camping. Only rule is no open fires. Has to be in a something like a bar-b-que pit. Hope this helps.---Two Wolves--- :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

PaleRider

You know, I forgot about that covered pavilion. I think I'd be good to go with that and a Walmart cot. Thanks! Rachel, after a two-day weekend for me, I'm not so sure my wife would appreciate me being gone another day that soon, but I'll see :).
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Reddot

Quote from: PaleRider on January 30, 2014, 11:39:00 AM
I'm not so sure my wife would appreciate me being gone another day that soon, but I'll see :).
Easy fix, bring the wife along!

scuzzy

Quote from: PaleRider on January 29, 2014, 10:58:14 PM

I plan on being an IIT for the San Antonio area, so since there don't seem to be any ( ??? ), it's kinda an additional incentive :) . Let me know with a PM, thanks!
Tim  ~~:)

PM incoming with incentive.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

PaleRider

Okay Bullet, Scuzzy convinced me. Barring anything seriously unforeseen, I'll help you at the San Antonio AS March 29th. Curse the man!

Bullet

Quote from: PaleRider on January 30, 2014, 11:22:41 PM
Okay Bullet, Scuzzy convinced me. Barring anything seriously unforeseen, I'll help you at the San Antonio AS March 29th. Curse the man!

Good deal. Thanks scuzzy :)

Quote from: Reddot on January 30, 2014, 06:36:20 PM
Quote from: PaleRider on January 30, 2014, 11:39:00 AM
I'm not so sure my wife would appreciate me being gone another day that soon, but I'll see :).
Easy fix, bring the wife along!

You should listen to Reddot. He always has good advice.
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams

drip drop

Late reply from my distracted self.  Camping in FBG is pretty easy, and it varies from just one or two instructors to multiple groups setting up in different spots.  Some people just sleep on mats on the tables and benches under the pavilion.  We always have an "instructor dinner" in town Saturday night, and that's been very open to those interested in joining the program.  If you need anything specific, just let me know via PM: maybe I can help.  I will be there that weekend.

We sure would like to have more orange hats.  The San Antonio area would do well with a local crew!

PaleRider

Great! I'l come ready to "rough it!" :). I'll grab a cot, though. When it gets closer, I'll know what kind of weather.