News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Feb 15/16 burro cañyon shoot group purchase.

Started by GasMask, January 25, 2014, 06:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GasMask

Were planning to take about 10-12 youth for the 15th.  Could I purchase a group of tickets and hand them out to our group that day?   the problem is that we don't know which 12 members of our youth group will go.  Reason I'm asking is because I know that the names of the participants are added to the tickets for the event...    And I can't wait too long because the event spaces will fill up fast.

Thanks

Rocket Man

Howdy, I'll be your shoot boss as always...

You can go ahead and reserve them all in your name.  Do be SURE of your numbers, though, because it'll be tight.  And please be sure we have good waivers on everybody the day of the event.  You've been before, you know the drill.  ;)

Also, if you think you'll have cancellations, please let us know as soon as possible!  Thanks!
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

GasMask

Yes sir!   Ok...   Now heres another one of the many hurdles we have to overcome...  Right now, we have three to four rifles only.  Do you know if there are any loaners still available?   

Also, any suggestions on where we might be able to find 22lr.  I've only got enough for three students...   But I've got everyone looking into their local big 5 sporting goods store.

Thank You for all of your help.

Rocket Man

We can round up a good number of rifles.  Let me check the team but I think we have six or more without tapping other instructors.

Ammo is going to be a headache.  You can try gunbot, the Ammo Finds thread in the Calguns rimfire forum, or the ever-popular early-morning vigil at WalMart...  If you're willing to spend $60-75 a brick it's readily available online, but getting it at a reasonable price takes some doing.

We will probably offer a reduced course of fire for this shoot if everyone is stretched.  Think 3-round squares instead of 5, that kind of thing.  You'll still need some, but we will make do.
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

readysetgo

OP, what's your location?  May be able to help with part of your ammo requirement.  @ cost, think $30 a brick, 2-4 bricks.

If you're on calguns, message me there (same handle).  Don't check here as often.

@ rocketman, what would the round count look like on a reduced course?  Per individual.
"but we must bear up against them [hardships], and make the best of mankind as they are, since we cannot have them as we wish."

- Letter from General Washington to General Schuyler: Conjures him and General Montgomery to lay aside all thoughts of quitting the Army.

Rocket Man

Reduced COF looks like 116 rounds on Saturday, 175 on Sunday.  Call it 300 per student.  Our normal course comes out to 500 +/- 50.

We can set it up so that those who want to can shoot more, without too much confusion.

GasMask

Ok...  so we have 6 confirmed.   I'm looking to follow up this weekend on two more participants.   So I'm looking for loaners.  I have access to 2 rifles.  So at this moment we will need at least 4 loaners.

@Readysetgo,   I would really appreciate the help with the bricks.  Some of the guys have convinced their parents to take them to their local big 5 early on delivery day.  Its pretty cool seeing teenagers leave their comfort zones (internet/videogames) to go out into the real world and talk to real people. Haha.  Let me know, and ill keep you all posted on our progress.

Thanks

readysetgo

"but we must bear up against them [hardships], and make the best of mankind as they are, since we cannot have them as we wish."

- Letter from General Washington to General Schuyler: Conjures him and General Montgomery to lay aside all thoughts of quitting the Army.

Rocket Man

Quote from: GasMask on February 05, 2014, 11:36:51 PM
Ok...  so we have 6 confirmed.   I'm looking to follow up this weekend on two more participants.   So I'm looking for loaners.  I have access to 2 rifles.  So at this moment we will need at least 4 loaners.

@Readysetgo,   I would really appreciate the help with the bricks.  Some of the guys have convinced their parents to take them to their local big 5 early on delivery day.  Its pretty cool seeing teenagers leave their comfort zones (internet/videogames) to go out into the real world and talk to real people. Haha.  Let me know, and ill keep you all posted on our progress.

Thanks

Sounds good.  I'm quite certain we can fix you up with four loaners.  We'll have room for more in case you hit a vein of ammo...

I may have to bring some special toys to this shoot, as well.   ;D

GasMask

AWSOME!!!   
btw I checked my emai* but have not gotten anything yet.

GasMask

readysetgo

Quote from: GasMask on February 06, 2014, 12:27:35 AM
Never mind...  got it...   ^:)^
Good, I was trying to retype and was like "what did I even write?" lol

eta: Eureka!  Hit a vein, right on the edge of my bed! :D

GasMask

Sent a rep*y.  I *ive about an hour and a ha*f from where your at.   But none the *ess it wi** have to be Saturday.   ..:..

BTW my * key is not working on my keyboard....  oh we**    haha.

Thank a mi**ion!

readysetgo

Quote from: GasMask on February 06, 2014, 12:57:59 AM
Sent a rep*y.  I *ive about an hour and a ha*f from where your at.   But none the *ess it wi** have to be Saturday.   ..:..

BTW my * key is not working on my keyboard....  oh we**    haha.

Thank a mi**ion!

Roger that gasmask, I've replied.  Shipping might be better for both of us, me thinks.  I'll check tomorrow and get back to you.

GasMask

Ammo is set!  Thanks Readysetgo.

Mr. Rocketman, we have 7 confirmed.  So we are looking at needing 5 loaners.

Appreciate all of your help.

:)

GasMask

uh...   Mr. Rocketman-sir....
We are at 8 now confirmed.  Plus one more that I plan to register this Tuesday as soon a I get a confirmation.

So it might be nine.   :sos:
will there be enough loaners for that day?   :sos:

My apologies for roller coaster ride but after all these years of not getting much of anything from the parents, all of a sudden, they want their boys to go...   I think that they have seen that its nothing like what they see in the news...  LOL!!!

Thanks again.
Gas-Mask.

Rocket Man

Eight loaners still should be OK.  I'll rally the troops and make sure.

It'll be a great weekend!

GasMask

WE GOT ONE MORE!!!!!!
..:.. :) ;) :cool2:
Just finished registering him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!