News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC - Summersville, MO - January 18-19, 2014

Started by dond, January 23, 2014, 03:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

Eight enthusiastic Appleseeders showed up for this IBC. It was held in a fantastic site; a community center with a kitchen, plenty of room for all our activities, and even a basketball court. And the participants were allowed to sleep in the facility. In addition, we were fed three meals by the wife and mother-in-law of connibear, the SC. Attendees included a DSB, two RHs, and 4 OHs. Also included was a shooter who shot Rifleman two years previously and who now wants to become an instructor. He had obviously studied the material beforehand and performed extremely well. He will definitely be an asset to our program. Unfortunately, 7 who had pre-registered were unable to attend.

Previous to the event I had emailed the participants several sheets of material which would be covered and had requested that they bring several items. They were also told they would be expected to present some portion of the Three Strikes.

The material covered included

•   Instructor Conduct and Effectiveness
•   Appleseed Guidelines
•   Verbatim Material
•   Marksmanship Instruction
•   KD Presentation
•   Mock Appleseed

The participants were split into two groups in which they gave their demonstrations and presentations and I was very pleased with the results. These groups were led by thursday and myself.

The competence, interest, and enthusiasm of these participants is a strong indication of the resurgence of Appleseed in MO. This is bolstered by the fact that they have 10 events scheduled for 2014.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

connibear

This IBC I believe went very well. Thankyou to the instructors who showed up and took time out of your weekend to work on our skills of how to teach. Thank you don and Miss. Sarah for rearranging your busy schedule to do this event. Welcome to Iron Ty our newest orange hat. We need all the help we can get. We have a several shoots scheduled already and a few more to add so we will be busy this summer. Thanks again to all who attended.  O0 O0
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.