News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hubertus WI - Jan 18 2014

Started by Trig, January 23, 2014, 09:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trig

2 brave patriots weathered the elements on Hubertus green.  It was a balmy 10 degrees out and snowing, but winds were calm.  We started  with safety and quickly moved into the instruction.  We were able to use the Clubhouse for Lunch and Strikes to warm up (THANK YOU!).  Then back out to face mother nature to finish off the day.

Kaylee couldn't have been more than 15 years old, and I couldnt belive her composure.  She had miss fires, miss feeds, fogging glasses, it was cold and wet and she smiled the whole time.  I didn't hear her complain once, in fact, I'm not sure she stopped smiling the whole day She has the spirit of a rifleman and will see her back again in March  ~~:)   Keep practicing, and DRY FIRE!

Her Stepfather, Jeremy started with some sight picture issues, but once those were cleared up he showed marked improvements throughout the morning.  He scored rifleman by the end of the day with his bolt action .22 IRON SIGHTS. Well Done!

We look forward to seeing you in March....with friends, of course  :---

Pictures coming.
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Ninja Piper

We had a great time out there. I originally thought this would be a good introduction to shooting for Kaylee, who had never fired a shot before then. I have been competing at CMP and NRA matches for several years and I was thinking it would just be some good practice until the match season began again. I learned A LOT MORE than I expected, even after a tour in Iraq as a designated marksman. I plan on making this a regular event in my schedule. I will upload some pictures when I get home.

By the way, the rifle I shot was one that I built myself off of one of the "bad barreled receivers" from the CMP for $25. I have put about $200 total in that build, and prior to the Appleseed I fired 30 rounds through the rifle just to see which ammo it liked best (preferring CCI 40 gr target over Eley target so it will be a lot of stress off the pocket book!)
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Non nobis, non nobis, Domine
Sed nomini tuo da gloriam.

Worthy and well qualified, duly and truly prepared.

www.facebook.com/jdrifleworks

Trig

Welcome to the forum Ninja Piper!  there is lots of Info around, feel free to stop by often, and you're always free to reach out to me if you have any questions!  I have a hat with your name on it for March and a patch for Kaylee!

1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

Ninja Piper

I almost have the wife talked into the February shoot in Racine as long as we can get someone to watch the youngins. My son is 5 and absolutely loves to shoot, but I don't think is quite ready yet. I do want to become an instructor and maybe we can start some of that in February. I'll send you an email on the Appleseed rifle when I get home.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Ninja Piper

Just sent you the email, let me know what you want to do.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Ninja Piper

Here are some pics from the shoot.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Trig

IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11

Ninja Piper

I'm all registered for 15-16 Feb in Racine, looking forward to it! I should have my newest rifle built by then. It's an old 144LSB in a hand built stock. It's all fitted and ready to be test fired, but still need to bed the action. After I got it fitted to the stock, it was time for some dry fire practice to get the sling set up. It's a good thing I had my 'little coach' with me to tell me what I was doing wrong, sporting his characteristic pacifier. We start early in this family!
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Ninja Piper

Another pic of the rifle.
In Hoc Signo Vinces

Ninja Piper

Here's my coach
In Hoc Signo Vinces

JoeZ

Thanks for the pics, Ninja. It's fun to see them and remember the day you spent somewhere. Glad to have you here.

JoeZ
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9