News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WW2 SQ After Action

Started by wildman, September 22, 2008, 09:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

The 2008 WW2 SQ has come and gone. I'll take a minute to summarize the event then we have to start getting ready for the UN/Pumpkin shoot in October and the KWSQ in December.

The course, if you weren't able to attend, is shot at 200, 300, and 400 yards. At each distance there is a pair of targets a "D" full body and an "F" target head. The shooter watches his lane and engages each pair as they appear. Points are awarded for hits 2 points for the "D" and 3 points for the "F" target. There are only two rounds allowed for target. Four points are awarded for each saved round. The qualifying score is 106 out of 132 total or 80%.

I thought the course was going to be too easy but that proved to be incorrect. Only one shooter out of 18 qualified. SSG John H. of the US Army qualified with a scoped rifle. Scoped rifle shooters had to shoot a score of 90% and John shot a 125. Great shooting Sarge! The top three scores with iron sights were 103 Mike S and 99 Joe S and third place went to John Z and Tim R with a score of 68.

Now lets get ready for October!!!
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

B9

Is that SSG John H. aka Boltgun71?
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

wildman

By what ever name he's a darn good shot.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

boltgun71

Just wanted to say thanks to Wildman for putting on this great shoot.  It was a great time and I was able to make several new friends, seems that happens for me at every RWVA function I attend.  The WWII Course was fun and challenging.  I really got a kick out of watching Hawkeye's son shoot the Garand, that is one 14 year old boy I want on my side.  If you guys haven't had a chance to get to Ramseur and shoot on the full distance pop-up range then you are really missing out on some great fun and a learning experience.  You will really get to see what you and your rifle are capable off out to 500yds and work on transitions and actual feild shooting positions and scenarios.  I wont even mention the kind of fun your missing out on with the "counter attack"!  Once again great shoot Wildman, and I'm looking forward to hopefully getting a chance to come out for the Korean War Sniper Shoot in December, we'll see if Uncle Sam allows me the time. 

Redwolf

Had a great time, thanks Wildman, you put on a fine shoot. I plan to be back and hope to see everyone again.

hawkeye

Man that 500 yard target was small. Made me proud when my 14 year old hit that 500yd target with the first shot. That course didn't look that hard until you started shooting it. Wildman you put on a challenging  course of fire which keeps me coming back for more. I'm looking forward to the October shoot!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

wildman

The course took me by surprise. I was amazed at the problem some had with the 200 yard targets. Next time we should probably spend more time helping the shooters get their zeros. We have one more shoot before the KWSC. It might not be a bad idea to use the rifle you'll use in Dec at the UN Shoot.

I saw a lot of fine rifles with some pretty good shooters. We should have had higher scores. I think part of the problem occurs when folks don't get to practice on longer ranges.  Shooting at 100 or 200 yards at reduced targets doesn't take the place of shooting at actual ranges.

The KWSC has targets at 300, 400, and 500. We will have to have our "A" game so there is no time to lose looking back. Let get ready.