News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Boulder MT

Started by Mark Davis, September 22, 2008, 09:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Davis

Came to the appleseed with 5 year old grandson, he had a great time but never even hit the redcoat, he shot at the same target all day.
After lunch the problem finnaly became apparent. His han was not big enough to span the distance form the pistol grip to the trigger. Ole gramps spent most of Sunday sanding away lots of stock and adding an AR style pistol grip. Right now the project is out in the garage while the bondo hardens. More sanding just around the corner.
Thanks to MontanaCZ, Guy, Wheeler, George, and everybody else.  Next Appleseed that little kid will have equipment he can operate.

MTGlass

Many thanks to you Clodhopper for showing me how to rig up my Grandpa's leather loop sling and loaning me your AR sight tool!  My son and I had a great time at the first ever High Ore Appleseed.  Hopefully there will be more.

Thanks too to Guy & Wheeler & MontanaCZ & everyone else whose names I didn't commit to memory.

I have some pics and a short video of my son shooting a Garand for Wheeler if I can ever find his e-mail addy.

Gotta get the kids to bed now...

Cordially,

MTGlass
Card Carrying Armed American Citizen

B9

MTGlass, if you have some good video share it with us all.
Video can be posted on the RWVA flicker site....  http://www.flickr.com/groups/rwva/
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

MTGlass

B964,

I'm gonna hold off posting the video.  It wasn't shot during the Appleseed per se.  My son (10) did a school project on weapons of WWII last spring and has been itchin' to shoot a Garand since.  Saturday afternoon, after many shooters had left, a friend set his Garand and a bandolier down next to my son's mat & said "here."  Didn't have to twist his arm!  He's been shooting SCTP trap all summer and isn't recoil shy.  Standing, he let rip with all eight rounds like the Red Coats were in the wire.

Rack Grade Garand:  $700
8 rounds of .30-06:  $4.00
;D Grin on 10 year old's face:  Priceless!

Besides, I'd rather let Wheeler see it first.  He spent a lot of time working with my son and really enjoyed the show.

Cordially,

MTGlass

mtmisfit

B964,

You need to have a pro account to upload video to flickr.

photobucket has free video uploads.
"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

"Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."

MTGlass

Oh, all right,

mtmisfit, owner of the Garand has posted the video here:

Wheeler44

Now that right there is priceless.  MTGlass, ask Braden if he's following the six steps during each one of those shots ;)

Tell him Sgt. Wheeler says "Hold steady, shoot straight".

It was a pleasure working with him I know that he'll be a heck of a shooter soon.

Wheeler44

"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

MTGlass

Wheeler,

I'll ask him.  Here's the pics you took.  Sorry I don't have more.  You guys kept me pretty busy just shooting.

Lunch time.

Provisions.

Priceless!

Cordially,

MTGlass

The Guy

I loved that post Appleseed bit.

A kid with a Garand!  Of course, the only thing done right shooting it was the fact that it never got away from him, BUT WOW!!  That SMILE!!

See, not everything has to be done by the numbers.  It was fun not only for him (who am I kidding, it was GREAT for him) but for the rest of us as well.

The shoot was good, four Riflemen, and several who will hit it in the near future.  It was also my personal honor and pleasure to award Montana CZ his Rifleman badge, in front of his whole family.

Good to see Bawb again, and for the rest, it was nice to meet you.  Bring friends, and prove to me that you learned something last weekend.

See you all in the spring!

Guy