News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Douglas, WY Appleseed

Started by goatlady, September 06, 2008, 09:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toten Kopf

Quote from: J_T on September 12, 2008, 10:06:33 PM
ack - Thumbnails, Toten Kopf, Thumbnails! ;D

I guess if your eyes are okay you can see something in those itty-bitty, teeny weeny pictures.  However, I want to "SEE" something!  Besides, when you click on "your" pictures, they are linked to something different (the rifle picture).

If the "Admin" doesn't like my size pictures, well, I guess that I won't post pictures anymore (what you see is what you get).
"It Takes A Strong Man To Be Kind", Sgt Nathan Wilson, 5th SFG (1970)

J_T

wcmartin1

Quote from: Toten Kopf on September 12, 2008, 10:18:02 PM
If the "Admin" doesn't like my size pictures, well, I guess that I won't post pictures anymore (what you see is what you get).

Naw.  We like your pics just fine, Toten Kopf.

Keep 'em coming.  ;)
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Fred

J_T took those pics at my instigation. If you will closely at the first, do you see anything strange, maybe?

The second picture shows it better. Look at that wet firing line. (Fred, having been in WY numerous times, has never seen it rain, and has never seen a wet firing line there - and before this AS, could hardly conceive of one in WY - no wonder he was all agog!)

And then look at the third picture of the M1A. Say, that rifle looks wet, right? ;D

The other pictures show the centerfire (left end) of the firing line - only one 10/22 visible. Note the guy with the bolt-action, iron-sighted hunting rifle in the foreground. You can bet he was one smooth bolt-operator by the end of the day!

But notice the beauty and symmetry of the shooters, lined up on the targets, trigger knees pulled up (some more than others, it is true, courtesy of Mr. Arthritis in some cases :().

From an instructor's point-of-view, those images are pin-ups for the office wall... :D

Thanks, J_T, for posting them.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Beulahtrash

The third pic shows the gal who shot the 236. ;D I like how the 6th picture shows the diversity of the AS: a bolt, a Galil, M1 carbine, 2 M1A's and an AR. And that was just one section of the line, bring what you got and learn to make hits!
Just doing what I can with what I got. - Burt Gummer

I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

Spatulaman

Hey there RB, what made you call the Rem 597 "wretched"? Any particulars. My son bought one this past summer while in South Dakota, and was knocking off prairie dogs at a lasered and witnessed 237 yds- from KNEELING. Did he just get a good one?
Spat