News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Whats the new 10/22 going to be called?

Started by Tbear, January 04, 2014, 07:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tbear

Since Mac66 designed it, whats it going to be called? Do I go into my LGS in the future and tell them to order me a Gary 10/22?  ;D

Caliper

Ruger-McBain LTR?   O0

The contest was for the 50th anniversary of the 10/22, so most likely something based off that.

SteelThunder

McShooter

McAQT

McMOA

McRifleman

McMAC

McPerfect
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

mac66

GOLTR

You guys will have to figure out what it means.  ;)
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

slim

Whippet

As long as the rifle isn't the "McBain of My Existence" **)
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

grunt soldier

I don't care what they are called I just want to see them released soon lol
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Nero

Quote from: TaosGlock on January 05, 2014, 09:22:49 PM
Is Ruger going to let Mac or us name it?

You've never met a marketing guy, have you?   ;D   %)
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

TaosGlock

Oddly, that is what I do for our business! **)
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

mac66

In reality it already has a name, it called "that Anniversary model designed by some guy on the internet". 

And no,  Guardians of Liberty TR is not name either.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

BeSwift

I'm kinda partial to the Mac 10/22  LTR
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Caliper

Quote from: mac66 on January 05, 2014, 06:45:30 PM
GOLTR

Good ol' LTR? 
Got our LTR?

Do we need to go PG13?

Quoteit called "that Anniversary model designed by some guy on the internet"

Engineering designation, very true O0

mac66

Quote from: Caliper on January 06, 2014, 01:05:31 PM
Quote from: mac66 on January 05, 2014, 06:45:30 PM
GOLTR

Good ol' LTR? 
Got our LTR?

Do we need to go PG13?

Quoteit called "that Anniversary model designed by some guy on the internet"

Engineering designation, very true O0

Geez,  I gave you a big old honking clue.
Ronald Reagan

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Oz

"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

mac66

Ronald Reagan

SteelThunder

Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

mac66

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
He pulls the spitting high-tension wires down

Helpless people on subway trains
Scream, bug-eyed, as he looks in on them

He picks up a bus and he throws it back down
As he wades through the buildings toward the center of town

Oh, no, they say he's got to go
Go go Godzilla
Oh, no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Godzilla

History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man
Godzilla!

Blue Oyster Cult 1977
Ronald Reagan

Nero

I'd swear you're having fun with this.   ;D  **)
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

TomM1Thumb

Since We are having FUN with this, I think it needs to be the Ruger 50Th Anniversary  Appleseed Liberty Training(Teaching) Rifle
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

mac66

Ok, let me 'splain...

Back when that avatar photo came out, someone said it looked like Godzilla. Hence I got dubbed Godzilla and I added "of Liberty."

In other news....Ruger said "the rifle" will be out by spring. It makes sense to me that since spring starts in March and the NRA convention is in April, they would want it out in time for that.  Of course I wold be happy to go and promote it at the convention for them if they wanted me too.  ;) ..:..
Ronald Reagan

Harry Meanwell

As expected, the GOLTR 10/22 50th Anniversary Model looks awesome. It seems to be near universally well-received in the reviews I've seen.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/01/22/ruger-1022-50th-anniversary-model/#sthash.v6L9286M.dpuf
http://bearingarms.com/first-look-at-the-appleseed-ruger/
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=644881445576314&set=a.160583267339470.40901.153053841425746&type=1&stream_ref=10

I can't wait to buy one and hope this becomes a standard model, because if the production run is still capped at 5,000, I am pretty sure the odds of me getting one are slim and none. That being said, there are a couple of things I hope Ruger will address before this is released.

First and foremost, where is the GI sling?

Hmmm, MSRP of $439.

For that price, I expect it would have a GI sling, two 10 round magazines, the RAR Marksman(although, I'd call it the Rifleman on this 10/22 as a nod to Appleseed) adjustable trigger and factory installed auto bolt release. Gift certificates for free admission for one to attend an Appleseed and to enter a NSSF(formerly Ruger) Rimfire challenge should be included with the purchase of this rifle.

With the exception of the Rifleman adjustable trigger, you can have all this at a lower MSRP if you buy the Marlin 795 LTR. There really isn't any excuse for Ruger not to have that wishlist be standard features with this rifle. Surely, Ruger can not only meet, but exceed(especially at a higher MSRP) the standards that Marlin brings to market?

The only other alteration I would make is to keep the barrel band style forend stock and barrel band, not only as a throwback to the original model 10/22(since it is the 50th anniversary model after all), but also to allow the installation of an Amega 10/22 mini-scout mount or a 10/22 Lasermax as an aftermarket accessory if someone so desired.

P.S. Be on the lookout in your LGS. It seems Ruger is giving these out to FFL's to pass on to valued customers as freebies:

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-10-22-rimfire/96945-ruger-10-22-50th-anniversary-souvenir-button.html

mac66

Ronald Reagan

draken

$379 MSRP on Gallery of guns

QuoteSIGHTS:   Ft: Non-Glare Post Rr: Ghost Ring Adjustable

Any comment on the rear sight?
"Those things which are precious are saved only by sacrifice."
~David K. Webster~

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: draken on April 27, 2014, 10:22:26 AM
$379 MSRP on Gallery of guns

QuoteSIGHTS:   Ft: Non-Glare Post Rr: Ghost Ring Adjustable

Any comment on the rear sight?

I got my hands on the rifle yesterday at the NRA convention.  It is indeed a ghost ring.  I'd prefer a smaller aperture like a Tech Sight.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

ThePoet

Has this rifle been designated by Ruger as an LTR?  Short of an official agreement with Ruger, we might want to be careful about "claiming" it as our own.  Gary did an outstanding job designing it, but it's Ruger's rifle - their 50th Anniversary edition of one of most popular rifles ever sold.  The fact that they chose his design is impressive.  You only get one 50th anniversary.  Think about that. 

Ruger appears to have already named the rifle as shown in their marketing piece posted on this thread.

Well done, Gary!

SteelThunder

Quote from: ThePoet on April 27, 2014, 11:54:38 AM
Has this rifle been designated by Ruger as an LTR?  Short of an official agreement with Ruger, we might want to be careful about "claiming" it as our own.  Gary did an outstanding job designing it, but it's Ruger's rifle - their 50th Anniversary edition of one of most popular rifles ever sold.  The fact that they chose his design is impressive.  You only get one 50th anniversary.  Think about that. 

Ruger appears to have already named the rifle as shown in their marketing piece posted on this thread.

Well done, Gary!

Agree.  We're thrilled that Gary won the contest and happy that Ruger has decided to produce it.  I had the opportunity to speak with several Ruger execs over the weekend and they are confident that the rifle is getting good buzz and they will be able to sell a lot of them.

It is, however, THEIR rifle.  In honor of the 50th Anniversary of the 10/22.  We should do everything we can to 1) thank Ruger for producing it, 2) make sure they know that it will be very welcome on our line and will solve many of the equipment problems we see on the line and 3) make sure they know that Appleseed supports Ruger and we're confident that as they learn more about us, they'll like what they see in Appleseed as well.

Kris
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis

ITB

Ditto with SteelThunder and ThePoet.

While the winner of the 50th Anniversary Design Contest indeed fits the bill for Appleseed very nicely, it is RUGER's rifle that commemorates the 50th anniversary of an iconic rifle.  Nothing more. 

Please tread carefully when talking/writing about it regards to Appleseed.  Thank Ruger, show your gratitude by buying the rifle, tell your friends to buy the rifle, and let's make sure Ruger sees plenty demand for it.

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23