News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Petition to shut Chabot Gun Range

Started by V, January 02, 2014, 01:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V

Found this on Calguns

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=873967

Link to petition is in thread.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not proposing that we close chabot, just drawing attention to those affected by the attempts of others.

Nero

Quote from: V on January 02, 2014, 01:42:29 PM
Found this on Calguns

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=873967

Link to petition is in thread.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm not proposing that we close chabot, just drawing attention to those affected by the attempts of others.

I imagine I'll hear about it the next time I'm out there, if they think it's serious.  I'll repeat what I posted on the Calguns thread:
"I've been told in the past (by CGC members) that the deed which gifted the Chabot park to EBRPD REQUIRES that there be a gun range on the property. It'd be interesting to know if that's true, and how it could be enforced. "

I'd also heard that there's a further deed requirement that there always be a youth shooting program on the gun range, so that's kind of a lock in for our light rifle program. 

BTW, if word hasn't spread that far:  We are planning on moving out of state, to Idaho, at some point this summer.  We are fortunately well along in getting a replacement SB, haleson, up to speed, and it also looks like Freeman will be able to help out some more.  All the same, if your  or Cam's or Ken's plan might bring you up here, some support might be appreciated after we take our hike.

"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass