News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mini Appleseed

Started by DaveD, September 19, 2008, 09:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveD

I have a Mini-Appleseed scheduled for Sep 27th at the Cloverdale Conservation Club in the Cloverdale/Greencastle area.  This is a 4 hour intro to the program.  If you are close and interested, please PM me for further info.  Class size is limited by available instructors. (At this time)

Time:  1000 - 1400 hrs

Plan to hold one of these every month.  Next one is scheduled for the 25th of October.

usafe7ret
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

DaveD

Have three shooters scheduled!!    Anyone else for 4 hours of fun in the sun?   ;D
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

hawkhavn

USAFE7RET,

Sorry, headed to the other end of the state Saturday.  Good luck, I have the utmost confidence in you!

If anyone wants to come out and help, the Sycamore Valley Gun Club in Freedom, IN will be celebrating Nat'l Hunting and Fishing Day this Sunday form 1 to 4.  Open to the public, free shooting (rifles/pistols/shotguns/black powder) I'll be on the rifle line (big surprise, right) but if someone wants to come down and set up an Appleseed table let me know.  We usually have 100-150 show up.

Let me know,
Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

oldgrunt

I would like to say this is something all of us should try to do .....I think if we all get up and put our skills to work in this fashion it will only be for the best intrest of the program.....Just one person each month put the offer out there to the tire kickers and so called guest lol...yes we know your out there lookin into this forum we invite all of you to see what its all about...Most of us arent colored hats or even iit..We are the few and the proud that been touched by FREDS man hugging club.. let us share the feeling we have and just maybe just maybe you will see the bigger picture of this project of saving this country one riflemen at a time..I seen this happen once already in a man that wasnt even from this country I know he took back to his home land a better view of us as a people...

So I say this one more time each one of you can do this just post it and they will come ....I myself am in my 2 month of saturdays and let me tell you it worth it ...I didnt think it was much at first but after a few gun shows and walkin the tables I found out that they are talking about me and my little talking targets..It was kinda crazy hearing a few guys say "this is that guy that I was talkin about" And all I did was show him a few tricks and talked to him about the use of 25 meters and a 22 lr can give you the upper hand in his 3 gun thingy..And I was right guess they think its worth looking at.I guess its a "BE PREPARED SECTION STUFF " that I try to keep in my peanut brain...Well Sarge drive on brother and I'm supportin you all the way and thanks for the callin cards they are a big help ...SHOW SUPPORT IN THIS WAY WILL ONLY HELP .......

........IF YOU HAVENT DONE A DAMN THING SINCE YOU JOINED WELL THIS IS ONE THING THAT WILL PAVE THE WAY FOR FUTURE COOKS TO ENJOY THE PROJECT AND MAKE MORE RIFLEMEN FAST ............IF A OLD BROKEN INFANTRYMEN THAT CANT WALK WELL DO THIS THAN A PATRIOT CAN JUST RUN ALL OVER THIS ..    FIDO ........OLDGRUNT ..OUT
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

DaveD

Fired a couple of Red Coats, many 1" Squares and an AQT.  All three returning Appleseeders, two working the bugs out of new 10/22's

Beautiful day for trigger time..Thanks guys for spending some time with me on the range today.  Next Mini-Appleseed 25 October, same place , same time!

Thomas Jefferson

DaveD

Let me bump this one up again!  Mini shoot the Oct 25th - Cloverdale Conservation Club, 1000 to 1400 hrs.

Come one, come all!  This is two weeks prior to DW II

Thomas Jefferson