News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Multi State Open Carry Lunch

Started by lprgcfrank, September 19, 2008, 03:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lprgcfrank

I attendes a multi-state open carry (pistol) lunch in Leesburg VA last Sat. 
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/16138.html

I was given the opportunity to walk around and promote the Appleseed program to the 50-55 participants.  2 people were already aware of the program.  There was a lot of interest in the program - particularly that those under 20 shoot for free.  I handed out the schedules and copies of the SWAT reprints to 25 of the participants.
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

funfaler

Good Job!

This kind of relationship building and cross promotion is what we need to be doing on a state level. 

Some areas of the nation, the state level conceal carry groups are very friendly and helpful toward Appleseed. 

Thanks for sharing your experience!

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

B9

Great news. I will send out another batch of reprints, you must be getting low by now.
Glad to see some PA people jumping in and helping the project. PA could use a few more good people like yourself.
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin