News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Philadelphia, OH. - Dec. 28/29, 2013

Started by slim, December 30, 2013, 11:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

Who woulda thunk we'd get highs in the 40s and SUNSHINE!!!! at the end of December?  ^:)^

As such, we had seven American patriots come out to the Tusco Rifle Club to help us send off 2013 with a bang and really connect with our American Heritage getting fired up for the new year. Huzzah!

Much improvement was shown by everyone on the line and we even did a little steel ringing and drop measuring at distance. This Appleseed stuff really works!

I hope to see all of you on the line again soon.

T-County Redneck

Thanks for the training!  I enjoyed my time at the range. :---
Mike Meese

LindaFromAppleCreek

Glad to have you on the line, Mike! Hope to see you again!

It was a great way to spend the last weekend of the year!
aka Mustang380gal

GoldFish

New Philly in December usually screams cold, windy, and not the best shooting weather.  Not this weekend!  Seven shooters braved the sunny 40 degree temperature to become better Americans and better shooters.  Thank you all for coming out and learning about your Heritage as Americans and wanting to know how to pass that on.

Congratulations to Dan on the requal scores and Steve and Mike on the new scores.  Susan, keep on doing what you're doing...it apparently works whether you realize it or not. ::)  Lauren, reellaaaaxx...and maybe start buying your own ammo. ;D  Garrett, keep it up man, those groups and level of improvement is nothing to sneeze at.  Dan, it was a pleasure working and talking with you throughout the weekend; keep on doin' what you're doin'.

Slim, wonderful working with you once again; man, those long after hour talks, I'm gonna miss those times...
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

GoldFish

Here are a few pictures:
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

GoldFish

And a few more

Fixxer

It's going to be difficult to summarize our past weekend spent in Southeastern Ohio ... at Tusco Rifle Club in the nearly unpronounceable county of Tuscarawas. I arrived with my son, intrigued by all the Appleseed hype, but left with the unexpected title of Rifleman.

Late December weather in Ohio could have been crazy anything but we got lucky with sunny and mid-40's  #) Sunday's weather feigned seasonable with fog and light rain but the temps were warm and comfortable with just a slight breeze.

The marksmanship instruction began at an easy kind of relaxed introductory pace, but apparently it was really just a snowball rolling downhill. More and more was introduced and the pace of the AQT testing increased exponentially through the weekend. Frustration set in as I left many rounds in the mag when time was called. Before the last test of the weekend I was extremely dismayed yet determined to use up my allotted ammo. Certain that I couldn't score points with lead remaining in the gun I pulled the trigger with great hast. I knew that the easy money was the top silhouette, but the big money was gained on the bottom row. Somehow the lessons learned earlier stuck and my hits on the paper target added up to a glorious Rifleman score.

The calm periods in the storm were the history lessons. It was fun to hear about our patriot heros and the importance the rifle held in their quest for liberty.

Thanks to the instructors for their historical knowledge, patience and passion for the noble Appleseed cause!

Best wishes,

Steve and Garrett
Rifleman(226): 12/29/13 Tucson Rifle Club, New Philadelphia, OH

"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind...Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Fixxer

Adding up my targets and estimating rounds shot during our awesome long-range plinking I came up with about 450 total :) That's a a very good weekend !!!

"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind...Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Fixxer

Pics from Tusco

Fixxer

Trying to post but pics get rejected. 3 seems to be a happy number:

Tusco pics 2

Fixxer

Tusco pics 3

Fixxer

Tusco pics 4:

My Riflemen sheet and my first and last Maximum Range sheets

slim

Great shootin, Steve!

And looking at the closeup of your Rifleman score AQT, I think I missed a few points on stage 2 and 3.  :slap:

Fixxer