News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Spencer, TN BSA Appleseed

Started by TN_Dadx5, December 31, 2013, 01:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TN_Dadx5

This was an Appleseed for the BSA Winter Camp at Latimer High Adventure Camp in Spencer, TN. 

The Latimer High Adventure Camp in Spencer, TN is a extremely nice camp and the folks that run it are great folks. 

We had 12 Boy Scouts at our Appleseed event, some had enjoyed the fun of the shooting sports, but most hadn't.  The weather was typical Winter Camp in TN; cold and rainy.  But the scouts persevered and did their best with taking in all the new information that the instructors were giving out.

I'd like to thank TNColonel and Peanut for volunteering their Ruger 1022s to help out the scouts.  It definitely made the difference in how much the scouts learned.

We had one scout, Joey, shoot a 206 and attain his Rifleman patch.  We had another scout shoot what could have been a Rifleman score if his neighbor hadn't given him about 6 extra holes in his target.  There were a few more that scored in the 190-206 range.  I'm sure that with one more Appleseed those scouts would get their patch.

I look forward to seeing these young men again at another Appleseed event.

And now, some pictures...

The Sunday group

Some of the Scouts in action

Sitting Steady Hold Factors

IMC Instruction

Shot Group Analysis

Telling of the Strikes

And our Rifleman, Joey!

"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed

Regulator

Congratulations Joey! Joshua, Jonathan and I enjoyed working with all of you on Saturday!
RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Ramseur 3/14 (Re-qualified w/ 224)
KD Qualified Pelham, TN 12/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16