News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Instructor!

Started by yellowhousejake, December 22, 2013, 01:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

Everyone welcome Lonestar6, Cindy, to the instructor corps. She has been to several Appleseeds with me and ATM and has now retired from the service and stepped up to help the program.

Say howdy, and look for her on the line in 2014! (Btw, first SB that gets her, she's gonna need a hat...)

Yellowhousejake
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Unbridled Liberty

Welcome aboard Lonestar!  Thanks for stepping up.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

hawkhavn

Welcome Lonestar6!

Quick question are you from Texas or did you retire as an O-7?

HH

p.s. I'll see you in the spring!
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

grunt soldier

welcome to the team.  we are  glad to have you!
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Mutti

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

DaveD

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

George Hacker

Thanks for stepping up to help, Lonestar6. ..:..

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

brianheeter

woot!

Now get to work!    ~~:)

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

ATM

Way to go, Lonestar6!

Thanks for your service and for stepping up, great to have you aboard.  O0
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

RiflesnReins

Welcome Lonestar6! Don't forget to come visit us in Illinois!  ^:)^ ^:)^

RnR
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

grunt soldier

Lonestar must be shy :)  don't worry we don't bite!  again welcome to the team.  we need all the help we can get.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Lonestar6

Hello everyone, thanks for the hearty welcome. I hope everyone enjoyed Christmas as much as we did at my house.

About Lonestar6; I had the privilege of commanding a battalion from Houston that went on to make up the  core of a Task Force that deployed to Afghanistan. The TF was dubbed TF Lonestar and as their commander my radio call sign was Lonestar6...it stuck.

I retired as an O6 after 30 years of creditable service.

I am now an eager IIT0 who is studying the material over on TIPS and reading Paul Revere's Ride. I have access to the XP sub forum.

I am not so much shy as off the net for the last week.

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I look forward to working the line and learning from all of you.

LS6
President Reagan is quoted as saying 'There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.' This is a valid observation, and a powerful tool.

grunt soldier

Very cool call sign. Again welcome to the board. Don't let it overwhelm you.

hawkhavn

Lonestar6,

First.  Thank you for your service, we are indeed honored to have you on the team.
Second. Ask questions. Lots of them, you'll find the Hoosiers a friendly bunch and eager to help in all ways possible.

HH
(Ex pat Hoosier)
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Eddie

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Orangedotfever

Thanks for your service and welcome Lonestar6.
"Need", has nothing to do with it!

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."  John Wayne

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb.

SureShotSpartan

Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams

redbaron

TJ Kackowski

Quote from: Lonestar6 on December 28, 2013, 11:42:18 AM
I am now an eager IIT0 who is studying the material over on TIPS and reading Paul Revere's Ride. I have access to the XP sub forum.

Welcome ... yeah, there's a LOT of material for us IIT's to read and absorb.

Paul Revere's Ride definitely offsets the dryness of the Instructor's Manual ... what an awesome read!

tj

Sly223

Welcome to our program,
This is a great place for a Female Bird,We need all the help we can get esp. of your Gender to help break down barriers.
I know you have spent the better part of 30yrs already doing the same!
Thanks for your service then and now! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

AuntieBellum

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

SureShotSpartan

Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams