News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

University of Scouting : Collinsville, IL

Started by Mutti, December 17, 2013, 10:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutti

Calling all Illinois and Missouri Instructors - we have an incredible opportunity for an entire day to meet the Leaders and become more involved with our Community of Boy Scouts. 

Thanks to an enterprising Illinois Instructor, we will have a table at the following location:

Saturday, January 25, 2014
Collinsville High School
Collinsville, IL

So dust off your Ball Caps and let's plan to share with our Posterity their History.

PM for more information.

( http://www.lccbsa.org/lccbsa/uofs/index.php )

Verified: (even a few hours of your time would be great)

imadentist
Mutti
RiflesNReins
KD Cat
Goose Gun
NavNuke
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Mutti

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

RiflesnReins

Wow! A great opportunity to present Appleseed.
I cannot wait to see everyone and have such a good start to the new Appleseed year. Come on people! Lets start this year with a eager, large group giving us a solid foundation to grow on!  ^:)^ O0

RnR
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

Mutti

Update: Approximately 700 people will be attending - we currently have 6 Individuals assisting.

8:30 am to 4 pm

Head on over if a few snippets of History and possible Crowd Contol is your thing.

:cool2:
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

duckcreek51

Duckcreek51 will be there. If you could post or send address to the school for the G.P.S.  would be deeply appreciated. I know how to get to gun show there and that is about it.  If anyone from the Bootheel of Missouri or Southern Illinois thinking about going, shoot me a PM and we can discuss car pooling. 
"As for this damned old fox, the Devil himself could not catch him."

RiflesnReins

Thank you so much Duckcreek! We will certainly need all the help we can get, since there will be about 700, yes 700 potential Appleseeders!!!!! If we can get one out of ten people interested in attending an Appleseed, well it would be a huge boost. I'm posting the correct address for anyone who wishes to lend us a hand. The more instructors we have to engage the crowd, the more people we can reach.

Collinsville High School
2201 S Morrison Ave, Collinsville, IL 62234

Can't wait to see you there,
:cool2:
RnR
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

duckcreek51

Thank you for the directions. I talked swampcat into helping as long as there is no college homework to do. See you there.
"As for this damned old fox, the Devil himself could not catch him."

imadentist

ok...now we need some quick planning:

1. we need to meet before the opening to make a plan.  (how about very early breakfast...lots of places off of 55/70. 
2. do we need shifts?
3. clean pants/shirts...no holes...etc.etc.
4. we could all camp out at the secret lair after the show and do a little shooting...especially for those with a long drive...my prices are much better than a hotel...FREE.

I am sure mutti has already got everything covered but I am big on avoiding the 5P syndrome.

Mutti

7:30 am pre-planning - PM mutti if interested. See ya' there with my cleanest pants and brightest Appleseed Shirt.  ;D
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)