News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Louisville Big Gun Show Sept 27-28, who's going?

Started by funfaler, September 16, 2008, 08:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funfaler

Hey All,

There is a big gun show in Louisville, on Sept 27-28, who is going? 

I have SWAT Magazine reprints and Appleseed News Papers that can go with you.  If you print up some national schedule flyers and some Ditch Water II event flyers, along with the KY event flyers, you would have a very good packet to hand out and place on the tables of a couple of friendly vendors.

I will be out of town this weekend  >:( :'( So I can not make it.

This would be a good time and place to promote Ditch Water II, as well as the Kentucky shoots.

Sound off and let me know if you want the promo material.

Thanks,

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

hawkhavn

I am seriously considering making a run down for Saturday, have a previous commitment for Sunday at my home range, but I can make Saturday.  Who is with me?

FF,
Has a table been arranged?

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

funfaler

No table that I know of, they are very expensive at this event, in excess of $100. 

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Fred

Can someone contact Bob 210 in CA, and ask him if he can contact the KY show people, and ask for a free table for a not-for-profit org like Appleseed?

(I can hear him now: "I don't mind doing it -  but don't any of those KY people have phones?")
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

MIGHTY MOUSE

My self and my neighborhood IITs ;D are planning on going. I have promo packets already made for this event.  I think the group that puts on this show is very stingy with freebie tables and is prohibitively expensive for regular gun stores to participate as some local stores don't go because of the cost.  I will see if I can find a number for these people and see what I can find out. If they offer a "discounted" table fee would the "Keeper Of The RWVA Purse Strings" be able to Subsidize all or a portion of the table?  If someone already has the number handy for this group that would be appreciated.  ;D

PM SENT!
God grants LIBERTY only to those who LOVE it and are ALWAYS ready to GUARD and DEFEND it.
-Daniel Webster

Fred

MM, reach inside and get in touch with "that inner beast" and quit fretting about things like "will I be reimbursed for costs?"

It's the Mission!

PS: Has this program ever let you down?
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

slim

A table is probably necessary to pass things out. I went to a gun show earlier this year (Bill Goodman's in Sharonville, Ohio) and I didn't even make it past the door with my business card handouts.

"NO PASS OUTS! Either get a table or leave it at home."

"But sir, this is Appleseed, a non-profit, all-voluntee...."

"BUY A TABLE OR GO HOME!"

That was the end of that. I managed to hand a few out, but didn't get the promotional exposure I was hoping for. If you're going to "do a gun show" then you'll probably have to do it right. Get a table. Make a sign. Have targets, info, a M-1, LTR, etc. sitting out to catch an eye. Split the cost if need be, but don't expect to be allowed to walk around passing out promotional material without a table. You can wear the AS T-shirt and even carry a sign, probably pass out a few flyers here and there, but as to actually walking up and down each row passing out info or asking vendors to sit it on their table.... you may get "asked to leave."

It's still worth a shot though! A bad day at the gun show beats a good day at work anytime!