News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winchendon, MA Appleseed Oct 11-12 2008

Started by crak, September 16, 2008, 04:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crak

Post if you're coming and any questions here!
Check your drama at the door.

Twiggman

Planning on serving as IIT, and I have some questions;
Since we have access to shoot 100 and 200 yards do we have the proper size targets for these distances ?
Dumb question I know but I haven't been to a full distance Appleseed yet.
Also;
Are we shooting at 82 feet the first day or going straight to 100 yards ?

You can defend yourself with a pistol.
You can defend your home with a shotgun,
but you'll need a RIFLE to defend your liberty.

Nickle

I'm planning on coming down for that one, and yes, I have the targets, if we go to full distance. I can bring them with me.

Crak is the Shoot Boss, so what we do is his call, but I can tell you that we do Saturday as 25 Meters.

First you learn the basics, then you apply them.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

crak

We have a 100 yard sight in target and we'll be shooting the AQT Standing target at 100 yards as a 400 yard target.   I don't know what we'll be doing at 200 yet.

Any requests?  ;D

crak

Oh, I know.

Head shots.  8 1/2 x 11 sheets'll do.

Nickle

How about Full sized D targets at 100 (standing) and 200 (sitting).

We can do the AQT 100 standing at a real 100, then maybe 200 for those using scopes, or have real good eyesight.

I'm sure we can come up with something for it.

The bottom line is to get confidence in your Battlesight Zero, IMNSHO.

Now, I might be able to get some 2/3 and 1/2 sized D targets done up, if we can get somebody to do a shrunken image for us.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

TonyDedo

I'm happy to see one last Appleseed in MA before the end of the year.  I'm tied up on Saturday, but Laura and I may be able to swing out that way Sunday.  I'm also doing my best to drum up some interest - looks like I'll be sending at least two new shooters.

-TD

Twiggman

Printed up some flyers and got the folks at Sam's Outfitters in Keene and at Buzz Bowers Guns/Archery in Swanzey to hand 'em out - or at least have them on the counters. 

Favorable responses at both places, will get to some of the more local Ma. shops when I can.
You can defend yourself with a pistol.
You can defend your home with a shotgun,
but you'll need a RIFLE to defend your liberty.

johniim

I'll see if I can get a flyer up @ Sams in Brattleboro on 10-5-08 If you need any IITs I would like to volunteer I should have that weekend off and it's only about 40 mi from the motel if you don't need me as an IIT then I guess I'll just have to come there to shoot.

Buzzworth

Come on down and bring your orange hat :)

The more events you work the better  ;)

You will see how you can become a better shooter by instructing 8)
Instructing is very rewarding

and Thank you!

No Guns, No safety, No freedom
KNOW Guns, KNOW Safety, KNOW FREEDOM

TonyDedo

I cleared my Saturday plans, so Laura and I are registered and good to go.

I'm also bringing a host of newbies with me.  I have two who are registered, two who've committed to go (unsure if they're registered yet), and maybe even another two on top of that!

Nickle

Good job!

Hey, think you can get us some cardboard for target backers?

Buzzworth and I are traveling down from VT, and space will get limited quick like. Twigg is working long hours, so he can't get it taken care of.

colycat

Belt fed jason has access to a printer that can make the Full Distance targets. PM him about getting some.

Coly
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine