News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

***AAR Fredericksburg, TX Dec. 7-8, 2013***

Started by dragit, December 10, 2013, 11:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragit

South Texans are not used to 15 degree wind chill factors and waking up the next morning to find your water frozen, but we are now.  I will take 105 summers personally.  Ten shooters showed up anyway along with ten instructors so we had a good time.

Two Rifleman (Tim and Doug) and one Riflewoman (Sunny).  Sunny also stepped up to Applecore to work alongside her husband Jeremy (Hilltop) now an IIT3.  Drip Drop is now a shoot boss and El Tejano is a red hat.  Dingy Dog is now an orange hat.  Congratulations to all.

Overall a great weekend at Fbg.  Thank you to Frank, Patrick and Michael for bringing the youth.  They are our future.

3-patches, 1-SB, 1-RH, 1-OH, 1-AC, 2-OH advancements.  Fbg is moving along.

Thank you Rodger, Jerry and Tonya for promotions and line set-up.

I encourage you to visit KNS Precision, a Fredericksburg based company that sponsors our shoots.  http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Two Wolves

Congratulations Ray---You look good in GREEN.  O0

Now---where's Marks' photo?   :pop:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

drip drop

It was a fun weekend, and very cold.  We also had a flurry of hats and patches, for sure.  Everyone was making good progress.  I guess the shooters listened when I said to aim for the V ring.  Great shooting, all!

I've got lots of pictures, and will post them by the weekend.  I know there were others taking pictures, so please post away!

Rodger, thanks! ;D  I'm sure that new hat will be put to work.  I've got at least one good picture of Mark.  Give me a little time and I'll get it up here.

Bullet

Congratulations to everyone - the Riflemen on their patches, Sunny on her patch & blue hat, Don on his orange hat, El Tejano on the red hat, and drip drop on his green hat!  :)  Great work and I look forward to seeing you all next time!
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams

Reddot

After doing over 40 shoots in the past three years, this was without a doubt, the most productive.  We obviously need more cold weather here in Texas!!
3 Rifleman patches and hats of all colors!  Merry Christmas to us all!

PaleRider

I really want to thank all of the instructors for the patience and discipline needed to take care of a frozen class such as we. You all were great! I plan on getting started in taking part in the organization. I'll be signing up for the next one in San Antonio to hop on board! Wish I would've qualified in time to get the Winterseed patch, but the patch is going in for velcro tomorrow just the same :). I hope to see some of you again here in San Antonio! Reading "Paul Revere's Ride" by David Hackett Fischer right now! Great book!
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

drip drop

:pics:

:pop:

drip drop

:pop: :pop:

drip drop

:pop: :pop: :pop:

drip drop

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

scuzzy

Definitely a good shoot - and thanks to all the instructors and shooters who froze their tails off - coldest shoot I've ever done. It sure makes me appreciate our brethren in the colder parts of this country. I'll not complain again about it being too hot in Texas.

I was speculating as to how the cold would affect the shooting. If anything it seemed to make everybody shoot better!

Me and Chuck were joking that the cold froze everybody into their NPOA - they were really locked in and shot well.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Hilltop

Great weekend!! Congratulations to the new RIFLEMEN , as well as Don,Mark and Ray.
See everyone soon .
                             Hilltop

CG59

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms  is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."  Thomas Jefferson

Pistolgrip

This was an exceptional shoot...I really respect all who came out into the cold and participated.

^:)^
"Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~ Mark Twain