News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur, NC- Dec 14-15, 2013

Started by cdavidhord, December 16, 2013, 01:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdavidhord

We had an blessed weekend with a wonderful sunny Sunday with moderate temperatures that was truly enjoyable.  I must say, we always ask for a teachable attitude, and I was impressed.

Saturday we had 3 participants (John, Will, and Alex) with family observers.  Everyone was in great spirits and John and his step-father heard the story of April 19th, 1775 for the first time.  Telling the story of Liberty earned for us, in a small setting, had a powerful impact on everyone.

Sunday, John returned with four new participants (Troy, Patrick, Sam, and Ben).  Troy and his father had never heard the three strikes and we delivered the message of our nations heritage and liberty by expanded versions of dangerous old men stories (Samuel Whittemore, David Lamson, Hezekiah Wyman) as well as the famous shots of Timothy Murphy and the subsequent affect on the battle and war.  They are anxious to return for a full Appleseed weekend.  After reviewing the fundamentals, we had a most productive afternoon with great improvements in marksmanship.  Everyone loves that Red Coat target!

I wanted to post a few comments which I and the other instructed greatly appreciate.

Glen wrote, "David, thank you for all the work you did with Troy yesterday.  Thanks to Bill & Toy as well.  Troy really enjoyed his experience and was pretty tuckered out on the way home.  Good day had by all.  He learned a lot and I did as well.  Everyone was very accommodating and welcoming.  It meant a lot to both of us, to spend a day away as a father and son doing what he loves.  I hope you have a great Christmas season and a prosperous New Year.  We hope to see you again in the very near future and your travels back home went smoothly.  Best regards, Glenn."

John wrote, "Just wanted to say thanks for an awesome weekend!  The amount of time and effort you put into this project is a testament to your dedication and commitment to share our history and heritage with generations to come. The entire experience was very challenging and stimulating.  I must admit that I was wiped out after both days at the range."

Thank you, and please tell other about the Appleseed and Liberty Seed programs.

cdavidhord

A few photos from Sunday.