News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Good opportunity to educate Dec 9th

Started by KatNipp, November 27, 2013, 10:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KatNipp

"Guns Kill People" forum will be held in Great Neck on Dec 9th.  Speakers from Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Gun Free Kids will speak about why the SAFE Act is not good enough and why we need stricter gun control starting in Great Neck and then spreading to other communities.  This would be a great opportunity to educate people on why it is so important to educate ourselves and our youth about firearms. I will be going and I will mention Appleseed, it would be great if  I could get some back up from some Appleseed staff, maybe bring some flyers. 

I know its Christmas time and we want to relax but if we dont stand up for our second amendment rights at anti gun events like this, it allows the gun control movement to take another step unchecked.  If I have my way, the audience will have more pro gun people in it than anti gun.  Please spread the word and come if you can. (please note it is being held in a gun free zone) My email is markella12@aol.com

more info can be found on this link:

http://www.theislandnow.com/news/article_c75f1844-577c-11e3-8717-0019bb2963f4.html