News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Prospective New Range Visit - Kentucky

Started by Unbridled Liberty, November 25, 2013, 10:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbridled Liberty

I will be visiting the Adair County Sportsmen's Club for their monthly board meeting on Tuesday Dec. 3 for a prospective new range presentation.  Instructors of any color (including blue) who are interested in coming along would be very welcome.  You are welcome to ride with me, just let me know.  I really enjoy visiting prospective new ranges, and this is your chance to share in the excitement of getting a new range on board.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Unbridled Liberty

It seemed to go very well.  They took a vote on the spot (all in favor) and the president uttered those wonderful words "You're in!".  But I have learned not to get too excited until I have the host app in my hand along with a proposed date.  We will see.  If it does happen, there are at least three things that will set this event apart as extra extra extra special.  I will leave you with that.   ;)

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

slim

Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on December 04, 2013, 04:21:42 PM
extra extra extra special. 
Free mohawks?  -:)

Looking forward to making the drive!

olefido

Quote from: slim on December 04, 2013, 07:17:51 PM
extra extra extra special. 
Free mohawks?  -:)

Looking forward to making the drive!
Yes, and maybe after that we could all grow beards and invite the Duck Dynasty guys to an Appleseed. That might be a good idea anyway to invite them.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

grunt soldier

Quote from: Rayne on December 04, 2013, 11:04:40 PM
It seemed to go very well.  They took a vote on the spot (all in favor) and the president uttered those wonderful words "You're in!".  But I have learned not to get too excited until I have the host app in my hand along with a proposed date.  We will see.  If it does happen, there are at least three things that will set this event apart as extra extra extra special.  I will leave you with that.   ;)

UL

Dagnabbit you guys know I have the patience of a one year old and the curiosity of a cat.

same here.  UL what is the haps sir?
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Unbridled Liberty

No host app yet. Loose lips sink ships.  Patience.

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Unbridled Liberty

We have a firm date of May 17-18!  I just need the host app but I am confident it will be sent in short order.

OK, so now I feel I can spill the beans on at least three reasons why this will be an extra special Appleseed event. 
1. Adair County is named for a Rev War and War of 1812 veteran John Adair.
2. Several board and club members are re-enactors and should easily be "persuaded" to give a Brown Bess musket demonstration.
3. The club and range is in the town of Columbia, the seat of Adair County, which is also the hometown of Dakota Meyer.  In fact, I am told that he spent a fair amount of time on this range while growing up.  I am hoping that he can be persuaded to attend, or at least stop by.

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Mutti

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Believer

For those that might not be aware Dakota Meyer was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor.  A rare distinction.

It would be an honor to meet such a man.

http://www.cmohs.org/recipient-detail/3480/meyer-dakota.php

The Citation Reads:

Corporal Meyer maintained security at a patrol rally point while other members of his team moved on foot with two platoons of Afghan National Army and Border Police into the village of Ganjgal for a pre-dawn meeting with village elders. Moving into the village, the patrol was ambushed by more than 50 enemy fighters firing rocket propelled grenades, mortars, and machine guns from houses and fortified positions on the slopes above. Hearing over the radio that four U.S. team members were cut off, Corporal Meyer seized the initiative. With a fellow Marine driving, Corporal Meyer took the exposed gunner's position in a gun-truck as they drove down the steeply terraced terrain in a daring attempt to disrupt the enemy attack and locate the trapped U.S. team. Disregarding intense enemy fire now concentrated on their lone vehicle, Corporal Meyer killed a number of enemy fighters with the mounted machine guns and his rifle, some at near point blank range, as he and his driver made three solo trips into the ambush area. During the first two trips, he and his driver evacuated two dozen Afghan soldiers, many of whom were wounded. When one machine gun became inoperable, he directed a return to the rally point to switch to another gun-truck for a third trip into the ambush area where his accurate fire directly supported the remaining U.S. personnel and Afghan soldiers fighting their way out of the ambush. Despite a shrapnel wound to his arm, Corporal Meyer made two more trips into the ambush area in a third gun-truck accompanied by four other Afghan vehicles to recover more wounded Afghan soldiers and search for the missing U.S. team members. Still under heavy enemy fire, he dismounted the vehicle on the fifth trip and moved on foot to locate and recover the bodies of his team members. Corporal Meyer's daring initiative and bold fighting spirit throughout the 6-hour battle significantly disrupted the enemy's attack and inspired the members of the combined force to fight on. His unwavering courage and steadfast devotion to his U.S. and Afghan comrades in the face of almost certain death reflected great credit upon himself and upheld the highest traditions of the Marine Corps and the United States Naval Service.
SOMSOM

An Ordinary American teaching other Ordinary Americans basic riflery skills and American Revolutionary War History in an extraordinary way.

Unbridled Liberty

His name is well known here in Kentucky.  We are very proud of him.  Here is part one of a two-part video on Dakota:

http://nralifeofduty.tv/patriot-profiles/video/highest-honor

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Unbridled Liberty

And here is part two:
http://nralifeofduty.tv/home/video/highest-honor-part-2

The shoot at the Adair County range should be listed on the schedule shortly.  The club chose May 17-18; the 17th being Armed Forces Day.   I think we will have to do something special.  O0

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave