News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KD @Douglas Ridge Rifle Club Feb 15 & 16

Started by Kimber Custom, November 22, 2013, 02:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Mark your calendars - I just got home from DRRC board meeting where I was given a verbal commitment to do a Known Distance shoot on Feb 15 & 16  ..:..

I'm going to wait until I see it on the club calendar before I submit the EIP to EventBrite but stay tuned  O0

This will be center fire only. We will shoot 25, 100 and 200 Saturday and 100, 200, 300, 400 on Sunday.

So stoked  ^:)^

Theophilus

Congratulations, Kimber Custom.

I'm looking forward to this.

Theophilus

Quote from: Kimber Custom on November 22, 2013, 02:00:15 AM
Mark your calendars - I just got home from DRRC board meeting where I was given a verbal commitment to do a Known Distance shoot on Feb 15 & 16  ..:..

I'm going to wait until I see it on the club calendar before I submit the EIP to EventBrite but stay tuned  O0

This will be center fire only. We will shoot 25, 100 and 200 Saturday and 100, 200, 300, 400 on Sunday.

So stoked  ^:)^
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

Earl

Hmm, closer than across the mountains to Idaho. Same bullet count. I will put a mark on my calendar.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

George Hacker

Kimber Custom, you are awesome!  Count me in.  This shoot is on my calendar.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

kenjo

"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

jwebster

Would definitely like to attend this. Hopefully time will permit it.

TheSquirrelPatrol

Well done, Ben!  Going on my calendar right now.

Prescott

This is great news Ben ^:)^

Where are you going to get the instructors to help you run the event? I am suspecting that all of the NW instructors are going to want to shoot at this event!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Kimber Custom

We are on the club calendar  ..:..

EIP sent to Scuzzy so it should be on Eventbrite in the next few days.

I need a little input from you guys: 15 shooters, nobody in the pits, 4 KD AQTs or 30 shooters, 1/2 in the pits and 2 KD AQTs?

For instructors I'll have Flipper and Mama Bear to help with clearing and calling line. I've got invitations out to ItsanSKS and eert. While this isn't limited to Riflemen, my expectations are that it will be hard core shooters (read: instructors and rifleman) who want to slosh around in the mud in Feb in OR.

Earl

If we do pits, more shooters are happy. If you don't have many shooters that want to shoot known distance you don't have to go to the pits process. I haven't done pits, but all the serious competitors still do at traditional ranges and competitions.  I think with this much notice you might get thirty Known Distance shooters.

.... as I watched football yesterday I prept fifty M1 clips, so the ammunition is ready. Will do some live practice at Range 15, JBLM tomorrow.  Really looking forward to this event.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

jwebster

Just registered this morning.

One thing I noticed on the registration page is that the price is listed as $90. Is the price for KD different than 25m seeds in 2014? The other 2014 events show the $60 rate.

Kimber Custom

jwebster

OK, previously they were the same price I believe. Gift certificates are still allowed for KD as well?

scuzzy

Quote from: jwebster on December 02, 2013, 02:39:26 PM
OK, previously they were the same price I believe. Gift certificates are still allowed for KD as well?

Good question - hopefully somebody can answer this one. Myself I'd be of the opinion that the certs would be good for a KD unless they specifically state otherwise.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

jwebster

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I just want to make sure things are consistent in my understanding. The only place I've seen the 2014 price changes mentioned are on the Appleseed store gift certificate where it mentions that 2014 prices will be $60 for all adults. Once you look at an Eventbrite it appears that the new structure is $60 per adult or $20 per youth for 25m events, and $90 per adult or $30 per youth for KD. No free youth with adult purchase.

The text on the picture of the gift certificate on the RWVA store appears to read:

QuoteThis Adult Male Gift Certificate entitles you to a weekend of Rifle Marksmanship Instruction and American Heritage history at any
Appleseed event performed by the Revolutionary War Veterans Association

I'm not sure if that's the actual text of the current gift certificates, but it does seem to be a holdover from when men and women were charged a different rate. I'm assuming the gift certificate can actually be used for either men or women. It doesn't mention the difference between a 25m or KD event, but in the past those were the same price. The only thing that might be a disqualifier to using the gift certificate at a KD event is the American Heritage history part that is mentioned. From my experience, the KD events are fully focused on marksmanship, as generally the KD events are restricted to previous rifleman that have already heard the history at a 25m event.

George Hacker

Quote from: jwebster on December 02, 2013, 03:27:04 PM
I'm not sure if that's the actual text of the current gift certificates, but it does seem to be a holdover from when men and women were charged a different rate. I'm assuming the gift certificate can actually be used for either men or women. It doesn't mention the difference between a 25m or KD event, but in the past those were the same price. The only thing that might be a disqualifier to using the gift certificate at a KD event is the American Heritage history part that is mentioned. From my experience, the KD events are fully focused on marksmanship, as generally the KD events are restricted to previous rifleman that have already heard the history at a 25m event.

I was at a debriefing at a NW Region KD event where history wasn't told and that very point came up.  History should have been a part of that event.  I expect it will be told at the upcoming shoot in Eagle Creek.  The stories will be different than those told at a 25m Appleseed.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

scuzzy

Quote from: jwebster on December 02, 2013, 03:27:04 PM
Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I just want to make sure things are consistent in my understanding. The only place I've seen the 2014 price changes mentioned are on the Appleseed store gift certificate where it mentions that 2014 prices will be $60 for all adults. Once you look at an Eventbrite it appears that the new structure is $60 per adult or $20 per youth for 25m events, and $90 per adult or $30 per youth for KD. No free youth with adult purchase.

Nope - not too many questions. I've been informed that we will honor the Gift Certificates at KDs.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

jwebster

Quote from: ShadowMan on December 02, 2013, 03:41:16 PM
I was at a debriefing at a NW Region KD event where history wasn't told and that very point came up.  History should have been a part of that event.  I expect it will be told at the upcoming shoot in Eagle Creek.  The stories will be different than those told at a 25m Appleseed.

ShadowMan

Quote from: scuzzy on December 02, 2013, 05:07:47 PM
Nope - not too many questions. I've been informed that we will honor the Gift Certificates at KDs.

Good to hear on both accounts. Thanks guys.

AmbulanceDriver

Man.... I'm so stoked for this shoot...

Time to fire up the reloading press.....  :D

Kimber Custom

Aardwolf

Audrey

modeler

AmbulanceDriver

Quote from: modeler on January 30, 2014, 03:53:33 AM
Looking forward to my first KD shoot!

Ditto!   Disappointed that I'm likely not gonna be able to shoot it with my Garand - can't find the powder I need for my pet load for it....   

Darn shame too....  it's a *scary* accurate load out of a 60+ year old rifle....      More accurate than I am.   ..:..

So it'll be my AR instead....