News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Long Lake WI

Started by colycat, September 14, 2008, 11:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colycat

Well its in the history books,  Wisconsin has doubled the number of AS shoots per year with the just completed Long Lake Shoot.

14 shooters showed up on Saturday,  some just off the Winona AS.  Thanks Michael for coming and bringing 2 friends.  It was so good to see you again.  Michael left MN at 1:00 am to get there in time!  WOW!  To bad you guys had to go home saturday eve. Another 8 hrs?  Thats Appleseed spirit ;D ;D ;D ;D

Special thanks to Bedford and Fepower for not only coming and bringing friends, but for stepping up to instructor status as IIT's. :) ;)

Oh, ya, about the shoot.  Cloudy and cool untill it started raining.  Then it really started raining.  Gathered up in the pavillion for some history and discussion.  It stopped raining long enough to get a qdaqt the end of the day.  The guys from MN were under cover, except for their feet, which were right at the drip line. :(

Sunday was again cloudy and cool, but no rain.  We were not rushed to get everything in like Saturday.  6 shooters showed up.  Fepower brought a friend, who really enjoyed the day.  I think he will be back, Right Nick?

Total score, 2 Riflemen, and one at 209, (next time Mike), 2 new IIT's and a really great weekend.  There is really something special about being way "UP NORTH".

CC

I would also like to thank the SC, Belt fed Jason, the slacker who set the shoot up, but could'nt stay for more than 20 minutes! :o
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

fepowered

Thanks alot for everything today colycat .   Nick is definitely going to be heading to more Appleseeds!   He was talking about putting together his own LTR now that he has a taste for it. 
It was nice to hit the ground running on my first day as an official IIT.
Definitely a pleasure to meet and work with SavageShootr and Johnnyappleseed.   
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

colycat

AND OH YES, How could I forget to thank the California Instructors, Johnny AS and The Savage Shooter,  for driving all the way in their new crappy little car to help us midwestern folks learn how to shoot.  Boy, thanks to Iowa Mark and myself(thanks Guy) did they learn a lot! ;D

You guys are welcome to return anytime, just leave your liberal politics behind next time, OK Johnny ;)?
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

colycat

Two new riflemen.  First Rifleman in the rain on the first day, remarkable!  Second Rifleman on Sunday with an AR15; hard to say who had more fun, Rifleman or his sons.     Congratulations!  We hope to see a lot more of you both. 

Johnny Appleseed and Savage Shooter excel in Wisconsin rain.  Yeh, that's how come we have that green stuff on the ground. 

Fred

colycat, one day Appleseeders in WI will look back at these "little" 14-man Appleseeds, and gape in awe that you were really there, right at the beginning.

And you are.

8)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

bob 210

Hey SS....nice hat!!! ;D All of us here in CA are very proud of you and Johnnyappleseed as some of our first CA Appleseed exports to help in other states...GREAT JOB! Colycat, it's good to see you stepping up.....it must be something in the genes...keep up the good work. 8)
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Fred

Hey, SS! Bob 210 beat me to it!

I was too entranced with that "CALIFORNIA" rocker ( ;)), and thinking you need to get your "INSTRUCTOR" and "RIFLEMAN" rockers from Bob to go with the "CALIFORNIA" rocker...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

LayloPro

I thought(?) the Rifleman rockers were on back order.... :D :D
Seriously, GREAT hat, SS!!! You'll look good in that when you get back here in Cali.....after you & JA are done "educating" the northern folks........ BTW, JA, looks like I can see your new ride in the back of the one pix  ::)
Good shoot guys!! Congrats on your new Riflemen!! :)
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

bedford

I am thrilled but not surprised that Jeff made rifleman on his first day. 

We hope to make another Appleseed soon with some more new riflemen.

Thanks to all who helped.

SavageShootr

It was a pleasure to come out to Wisconsin and help with this event.

You shooters were sure troopers, hanging in there with the rain. Those Minnesota guys stayed even after everyone else left in order to shoot another QDAQT. They will all persist. Thank You Mike for coming and bringing 2 friends.

Congratulations to Jeff and Mike H. for making Rifleman. We also had another Mike in attendance who improved his score with every QDAQT, it just wasn't enough. He is knocking at the door with his last score of the day being a 209.

Thank you to the new IIT's that were there helping out. Fepowered and bedford, it was so nice of you both to come out and pitch in. I am sure you will both excel in the program. It was nice meeting and working with you both.

Thank you JA and colycat for making this event such a success. You two bring so much to the program.

Thanks to BeltFedJason for getting this shoot on the schedule. It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife.

Thanks to the Big 4 Sportsmans Club and Skip for everything. You were a big help. We look forward to coming back.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Johnnyappleseed

Thanx to all who attended the Long Lake AS. It was a pleasure to meet every one of you. I am honored to be part of this great program.
SS did a really nice  job as shoot boss+ the coveted green hat with all that red hair :-*
Coly -- 3rd strike was fantastik, was really fun having you there.
Welcome aboard new Riflemen.Looking forward to seeing each of you again.
Be sure to PM SS so she can forward the info. Expect a nice new orange hat , the next step after becoming a Rifleman.
Good job fepowered on "dangerous old men"
I know we would have had more Riflemen,if some attendees would have used more friendly equipment  :o  it was offered too ::)  right Minnesoto boys. I mean Micheal , the mosin was ok for unarmed slaves in USSR  ;D . Next time for sure. 
Everyone continue the 7th step
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge