News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO, CA NOV 16-17 AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, November 19, 2013, 08:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

This was a great weekend.  The weather was mild and spring like for November...especially as I sit here writing this with the rain coming down outside.  The temps were in the low to mid 60's.  It was sunny.

13 Americans came out Saturday to learn/improve their marksmanship skills.  They also got a bit of history...their heritage. 

After the safety briefing and the red coat we turned on the fire hose and began the teaching.  This was an attentive group of students who diligently put our teachings to work.

We took a break for lunch and the telling of the three strikes by Ducky, Relentless and 3Huzzahs.  Well done all of you. 

Back to the fire hose and watching a lot of the groups begin to shrink.

Due to the time constraints of winter hrs at the range we were not able to get in an AQT on Saturday. 

A final Red Coat and a good evening to those who came out rounded out the day.  Thank you very much.

Sunday found us missing a few people as some were only out for Saturday.  6 students returned on Sunday for review and AQT's. 

Rickie, posted the highest score of the day at 196....GREAT JOB!!!  Keep at it and you'll be a rifleman in score as well as one at heart.

Big THANK YOU to all the shooters for coming out and making this a great weekend.  Hope to see you back...with friends... at a future event.

Great job to all my instructors and as always Thanks for coming out.  It was nice to meet Kilakiwi, Relentless, and haleson, visiting from Castro Valley area.  Hope you come back again.

Neve

Another great Appleseed weekend! Thanks to all the shooters for coming out and enjoying the firing line and fantastic weather. Thanks also to NorCal22Gal and Eaglescouter for making the trip down here to make this shoot happen and to the rest of the instructor corps. It's always great seeing you guys.

Mike

Ducky

also, ...links to past Sac Valley Appleseed photos can be found at www.DogAteMyMail.com --a little website my husband Vinnie set up to make posting and viewing them a little easier.

What an enjoyable event we had!

Thanks to all our attendees who came out and joined us. I always feel I'm in great company when I work an Appleseed for the weekend. You all were so enthusiastic and willing to put the work into implementing what we taught, and so attentive during history. You are the reason we're here doing what we're doing, and we appreciate that you wanted to be with us.

Thank you again to my fellow instructors (some of whom were our fine guests from Castro Valley!), who all put some miles on the road to be in Sacramento this weekend--I always learn from you, and am grateful for your spirit of dedication and warmth of friendship.

Bring out your friends and family next time--talk about Appleseed on Facebook, LinkedIn, wherever you roam. Our mission of heritage and marksmanship is important, and you too can help spread the seeds of Liberty!

Best to you all,
Ducky (Linda)  :cool2:
Freedom, in a political context, means freedom from government coercion. It does not mean freedom from the landlord, or freedom from the employer, or freedom from the laws of nature which do not provide men with automatic prosperity. It means freedom from the coercive power of the state, and nothing else.--Ayn Rand

Melissa

Thank you all so much, instructors and shooters alike, for making another fantastic Appleseed weekend possible-- and especially thanks to Joe and Laurie for making the trip down to Sac again. What a great line of participants; hope to see you back soon! Good attitudes, gorgeous weather, great shooting. Can't wait 'til next month!  O0

Melissa

haleson

What great pictures, and what a great weekend!  Thanks to everyone involved for a successful event -- instructors and shooters alike.  Hope to see you all back on your gorgeous range soon  ;D
Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God. -- Stuff Jefferson Said, Third Edition, Revised