News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Montpelier, Virginia - November 16/17 2013

Started by BD, November 18, 2013, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BD

What a great event we had at Cavalier Rifle and Pistol Club in scenic Montpelier, Virginia.
Saturday morning began with rain that cleared just in time to get started (a sign from the big guy?), and get started we did.

34 shooters filled the line.  It was a bit hectic initially, but then we settled in and made great progress.
The young shooters were safe, focused and accurate.  The rest of the group were eager to learn the skills of a rifleman and the heritage of our country.
Sunday was warmer and partly sunny.  The group got right to work and AQT's started to pass by.
A star target near the midpoint seemed to convince everyone that NPOA is real and scores jumped.
By the end of the day, ten rifleman took home the coveted patch.

The star was a guy named Ben, who scored all seven Sunday AQT's at a rifleman level.  His best was a 243 with perfect 3rd AND 4th stages.
You could almost see old Issac Davis smiling from above.  I think five of the new rifleman earned their patch on the last one or AQT's of the day - persistence pays!
Your humble shoot boss was proud to have my daughter score Rifleman at her second Appleseed.  I had to mention that, because I'm still smiling.

It was a great weekend.
Up the Republic

FiremanBob

Photos of our honorable new Riflemen, and our SB teaching The Third Strike:

And a loud Huzzah! to the beginners who so rapidly learned to handle their rifles competently, confidently, and safely, and made such great progress on their path to expert marksmanship.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

jmdavis

8 riflemen (and one who requaled multiple times but didn't turn any in) is a GOOD weekend. Congratulations to the instructors and students.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

BeSwift

Great job filling the line and translating that to Rifleman!  Wow... nearly 30% is a great weekend!
BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

BD

Not to gloat, but it was ten rifleman.
Eight photographed, plus one who left early and the one who didn't want to be recognized....
Up the Republic

jmdavis

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner