News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..AAR Rickey Farm Vernon, NJ 11/16-17/2013..

Started by Josey Wales, November 18, 2013, 07:15:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..The Rickey Farm shoot on private property has come and gone and Josey calls it good.  It started a while back when StevenK, NJ's newest Red Hat and our local boots on the ground for this event met up with the owner Jamie to get this thing started.  It took some time to develop due to the life and times of yours truly JW, but none the less we persisted on to finally getting the date.  So JW and VV went up on Friday to bang in some fence posts that would not go in the rock infested mountain side.  We sledged like the mighty Thor to overcome and finally built the target line.  Oh I almost forgot to mention the Winchester M70 Featherweight in 7x57 or better known as the 7mm Mauser we picked up along the way, geeeessszzz what a beauty to hold and shoot.  The weather was fine for November where the Mid-Atlantic meets the Northeast.  We had an old barn that StevenK and Jamie set up display tables and chairs for us to do sign up and the introduction in and with, not much light to be had but we adapted to the night lights I found rummaging through the hidden treasures of the barn.  We had a scare cause our porta john almost did not show up, thank goodness it did arrive Saturday morning around 10:00AM just in time for the morning coffee blues.  We had a full line of shooters and a good amount of Instructors for this shoot.  Thanks to VietVet, Grumpy1 and StevenK, thanks to Arrigetech, Jesse O and our newest IIT MK1765.  The shoot ran smooth and safe and the patrons did great.  With two new Riflemen and lots of awakened patriots we did what Appleseed does best, History, Heritage and Rifle Marksmanship.......Amen.....

.......Strength & Honor.......................Josey Wales..................................     
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

VietVet

Well as JW said a great event with great Patriots has to go down as "Priceless"!

Thanks to all involved in getting this one set up and safely completed.

Congrats to our new "Riflemen" and congrats and thanks to our newest IIT MK1765 (Melissa).

Won't say much more as I'm sure others will jump in here and complete this story but here are a few photos from this Appleseed Event. So many good photos that it was very difficult to choose, enjoy................

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Arrigetch

This was an outstanding shoot in a beautiful setting, very fitting for the first one in northern New Jersey!  Here is another picture - the Appalachian Trail is at the top of the ridge in the background!

MK1765

Thanks guys... It was a great shoot and I honored to take the hat (I hope I can live up to it!)  - VV - i had to laugh when JW added the 7mm into the after action report. HAHAHA. I will say, the stakes were easier to pull out than to put in. StevenK and I got them out in maybe 20 min/ 1/2 hr with the help of a pick ax.

Thank you all for your service here.. it is so appreciated.

StevenK

Success through hard work and God's grace.

StevenK

sgtrock

Nice work in Jersey

What really is cool is MK1765 with an Orange hat,,, Congratulations Melissa,,,, The first husband and wife team of riflemen/instructors in New Jersey. How sweet it is....

Josey, VietVet, Grumpy, stevenk, nice work men

Arrgetch,,, nice to see you there Thank you, did you get any arial pics of the shoot?
Jamie,,, Thank you for hosting this event at your place.

Grumpy1

Great Job New Jersey! :)

Two New Riflemen :--- Congrats Josh and Brian  :---

Thank You Melissa for Stepping Up and "taking the Orange Hat" O0

Thanks to our Shoot Boss Josey Wales, and our instructors Viet Vet, stevenK, Arrigetech,and Jesse,it was Great to work with you all.

I wish I could have attended Sunday :'(, but Winters on the way.

I am sure to be back in The Garden State next year! :)
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson