News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ossian, IN Nov 16-17, 2013

Started by ITB, November 17, 2013, 11:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

Spent the weekend with some great folks.  Shaun and John came out with very teachable attitudes, and showed much improvement on Saturday.  Unfortunately, Mother Nature was less cooperative, throwing cold wind (constant 15-20 MPH) at us all day.  Sunday started out ok, but we're unable to shoot until noon Sunday, and by then the weather turned nasty.  The first lightning strike in the area hit almost exactly at noon.   :(

I'd already made the decision that we would not be shooting on Sunday, due to the weather forecast - severe thunderstorms, high wind (35-40 MPH) and possible tornado activity.  The lightning strike at noon simply reinforced that we'd made the right decision.  We spent Sunday morning talking about history and KD, had a hot lunch, and headed out around 1 PM under heavy wind and rain.

Thanks to the Ossian Conservation Club for their generous hospitality and hot lunches.  Jack and Rose were awesome hosts.

John and Shaun - keep practicing, and we hope to see you at a future event!

Thanks to Superheat for accompanying me.  It was good to work a shoot with you again, brother.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Superheat

It was a windy yet fun time working with Shaun and John on Saturday.  Unfortunately, we did not get to polish those skills on Sunday.  Mother nature had other plans.  I hope to see each of you wearing a RIFLEMAN patch very soon, you are both on the right path.
Special thanks to Jack, Rose and the kitchen crew for their hospitality.  I look forward to coming back.

Saturday morning red coat.

What a nice range... We MUST fill it!