News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramah, CO - 9/10 NOV 13

Started by Gear Head Patriot, November 12, 2013, 01:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gear Head Patriot

Ramah, Colorado's 9/10 November 13 shoot was blessed with exceptional weather, and a great group of shooters. 

Most of the shooters were first time Appleseeders, but they had generally prepared themselves from an equipment perspective.  In fact I think the only item loaned out by instructors, was one sling, which is pretty remarkable. 

One item worth mentioning for the larger community is we're constantly seeing shooters with optics that are mounted too far back on the receiver, which really precludes the employment of a good cheekweld, and impacts the shooters ability to achieve consistent sight alignment.  Once were able to address scope mounting for a couple of willing students, scores improved pretty dramatically.  Consistency becomes the fundamental that makes or breaks an aspiring Rifleman, and you can't achieve consistency with an inconsistent cheek weld. 

With all that said we enjoyed a great shoot.  Our shooters were safe across the board, which allowed the instructors to focus on coaching.  That coaching paid dividends, on Sunday 3 of our shooters demonstrated that they knew what they were about, shooting Rifleman scores.  One of those newly minted Riflemen commited to the program and accepted an Orange Hat, welcome to the team Ulster-Scot!  It's also worth noting that during Ulster-Scot's pursuit of the elusive Rifleman score, he's been actively practicing the 7th step to firing the shot, bringing 3 other shooters to Apple Seed events over the last several months!   O0

Gear Head Patriot

Ulster-Scot accepts an Orange Hat from GearHeadPatriot at the Ramah 9/10 NOV 13 Appleseed!

Prone to Knit

So happy to have you on board, Rick!

Kim
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

Massasauga

I'd like to thank Jerry and the group for a great weekend. I felt we achieved all of the things we like to see from a shoot:

Safety, Have Fun, and learn lots!
I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.

- Patrick Henry