News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Orlando, FL - November 9-10, 2013

Started by FLawyer, November 12, 2013, 10:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLawyer

Great weather + great facility + great instructors +AWESOME Students = One terrific Appleseed!!!

Three Huzzahs to total of 12 shooters who filled the line at the Central Florida Rifle & Pistol Club this past weekend. 

Thanks to Dayid and Tomblin for answering the last minute call and coming out to help teach the willing and eager students.

[Due to some privacy concerns from some shooters with sensitive employment issues there are fewer pictures than usual for this event and in several cases last names will not be used]

Jim, Kimberly, Stephanie, Debra & Gary - 5 shooters all from the same family - WOW.  Soon you will have your own Rifleman knot.  In spite of equipment issues and raw elbows you all hung in there and persevered.  Isaac Davis and Jonathan Parker would be proud of you.  Keep the dry practice up.  Now that we sorted out the equipment issues, I am sure your scores will improve dramatically at your next event.

Lisa - we appreciated the great note of thanks.  It was our pleasure to work with you this weekend. Hope to see you again at another shoot, perhaps when you can come back on Sunday.

Neil M.  - Glad you came by to see if there was an opening.  You hung in there and worked at it all weekend.  Next time, if you hold the Garand a little tighter it will not rock you as much. Hope to see you back at a future event.

Butch - thanks for coming out and experiencing Appleseed.  Didn't get to hear your Sunday radio show, but I know you mentioned Appleseed and your experience.  Thank you.

Neil S and Steve - our newest Riflemen.  Congratulations to both of you.  Not many people are able to shoot the score at their first event.  The fact that you guys tied with 220 each was impressive.  Come back to another event and shoot the score again.  We would love to have you take up an Orange Hat and help us with our urgent mission to awaken a nation of sleeping Riflemen.

Tom W. - Congratulations on requalifying with a loaner rifle you had never shot before.  Ben - thanks for the right handed demonstration of the Rapid AQT using a loaner rifle event though you are left handed.

On behalf of Tom, Ben, David and myself a sincere thank you for allowing us to share Appleseed with you on the Veterans Day weekend.

God bless each of you.

Glenn Padgett
FLawyer - RWVA Instructor & Shoot Boss

All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!

Tomblin

Complete with peep sights, elevation adjustable front & rear, windage is by Kentucky or drift method.

USAF-engineer

I thoroughly enjoyed my first Appleseed! I want to thank Glenn, David, Ben, and Tom for putting on an excellent event. I want to especially thank my good friend, orange hat Tom, who persisted for a year in inviting me to an Appleseed. I kept putting it off for work, life, etc. Thankfully, I finally ran out of excuses. If I had known how great it would be I would not have delayed.

I have been shooting rifles for exactly 40 years both for fun and in the military. I always thought I was above average, but certainly not great. I can honestly say that I am a far better rifle shooter today after only one day of instruction and two days of practice.

I look forward to earning a rifleman's score with every type and caliber rifle in my safe! I'll be at our December Appleseed. Hope to see more of you there!

Neil Saville
Executive Officer
Central Florida Rifle & Pistol Club
Orlando, FL

USAF-engineer

The dates of the next Orlando Appleseed are Saturday, December 14, and Sunday, December 15. See you there!