Author Topic: Let it Begin Here!: Lexington and Concord: First Battles...  (Read 1194 times)

Offline emilysometimes

Let it Begin Here!: Lexington and Concord: First Battles...
« on: November 11, 2013, 09:36:49 PM »
I bought this book for my five year-old daughter to teach her about our revolutionary heritage and because I'm worried she won't learn about it in public school- I know I didn't learn much about it.  My mother just turned 77 and remembers MUCH more about Lexington and Concord than I ever knew till I attended my first Appleseed. 

I think she's a little young for some of the book, so I summarize instead of reading what the book actually says during the scarier parts.  I think this book would be perfect for kids of "Appleseed Age" though.  Here's a link to a summary and some reviews. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/901283.Let_It_Begin_Here_
"If enough people think of a thing and work hard enough at it, I guess it's pretty nearly bound to happen, wind and weather permitting."  Laura Ingalls Wilder

Offline FreedomV

• Instructor In Training 3
Re: Let it Begin Here!: Lexington and Concord: First Battles...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 10:19:37 PM »
Thank you for the book tip!
sg
Illegitimi non carborundum

Offline JOEMORGAN

• RWVA Instructor
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 02:07:07 AM »
I actually have some copies of this book. Bought them from discount book broker online w/ others and give them away at shoots, or donate for silent auction items. My niece actually took a copy for her grade school classroom.
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

Offline emilysometimes

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 10:46:23 AM »
Thank you for the book tip!
sg

You're welcome!
"If enough people think of a thing and work hard enough at it, I guess it's pretty nearly bound to happen, wind and weather permitting."  Laura Ingalls Wilder