News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Let it Begin Here!: Lexington and Concord: First Battles...

Started by emilysometimes, November 11, 2013, 09:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emilysometimes

I bought this book for my five year-old daughter to teach her about our revolutionary heritage and because I'm worried she won't learn about it in public school- I know I didn't learn much about it.  My mother just turned 77 and remembers MUCH more about Lexington and Concord than I ever knew till I attended my first Appleseed. 

I think she's a little young for some of the book, so I summarize instead of reading what the book actually says during the scarier parts.  I think this book would be perfect for kids of "Appleseed Age" though.  Here's a link to a summary and some reviews. 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/901283.Let_It_Begin_Here_
"If enough people think of a thing and work hard enough at it, I guess it's pretty nearly bound to happen, wind and weather permitting."  Laura Ingalls Wilder

FreedomV

Illegitimi non carborundum

JOEMORGAN

I actually have some copies of this book. Bought them from discount book broker online w/ others and give them away at shoots, or donate for silent auction items. My niece actually took a copy for her grade school classroom.
"Man did not enter society to be worse off, or to have fewer rights, but rather to have those rights better secured" --Thomas Paine

"Humanity has won it's battle, Liberty has a country" --Marquis de Lafayette

"These are not men, but devils" --Colonel Francisco de Paula-Milan, Mexican Army, Camerone 30 April 1863

emilysometimes

"If enough people think of a thing and work hard enough at it, I guess it's pretty nearly bound to happen, wind and weather permitting."  Laura Ingalls Wilder