News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CHARLOTTE, NC APPLESEED NOV9/10

Started by KARDIAK KID, November 11, 2013, 09:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KARDIAK KID

THIS WAS A GREAT VETERANS WEEKEND, WEATHER WAS BEAUTIFUL, THE STUDENTS WERE GREAT, ATTENTIVE AND EXCITED. THANKS TO ALL THE INSTRUCTORS THAT SACRIFICED THEIR WEEKENDS. Rusty Bucket GREAT JOB, Jumpboot and Flyfisher KEPT THE LINE MOVING, Adena GREAT JOB KILLING OUR TIME MONKEY. NeilR YOU ARE THE RUBBER MAN, FANTASTIC MODELING. Dakota, EXCELLENT JOB ON THE KD LECTURE. NOBODY CAN DANCE THE NPOA LIKE Cadence, GREAT JOB, THANKS FOR COMING DOWN FROM OHIO AND WORKING WITH US. Fox4 KNOCKED IMC OUT OF THE PARK. cadams IS A MAN OF MANY HATS ON SUNDAY, PERFORMED ADMIN ON SUNDAY, SHOT 215, GAVE UP HIS BLUEHAT AND TOOK AND ORANGE HAT, WELCOME ABOARD. SHOOT BOSS, Painkiller, YOU WERE A WEALTH OF INFO, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING. CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR SIX NEW RIFLEMEN AND WOMAN. GEORGE G. 230 PERSISTENCE WON OUT AFTER HIS NUMEROUS APPLESEEDS, PHIL G.218, PHIL J. 210, MIKE C. 210 OUR RESIDENT POLITICIAN AND LAUREN M. 220, HAD NEVER SHOT A RIFLE BEFORE, SHE RECEIVED LOTS OF INSTRUCTION FROM HER DAD, Cadence. GREAT JOB LAUREN AND KUDOS TO DAD. THANK YOU ALL.
Dusty old helmet, rusty old gun,
They sit in the corner and wait –
Two souvenirs of the Second World War
That have withstood the time, and the hate.
Many times I've wanted to ask them –
And now that we're here all alone,
Relics all three of a long ago war –
Where has freedom gone?
Mute witness to a time of much trouble,
Where kill or be killed was the law –
Were these implements used with high honor?
What was the glory they saw?
Freedom flies in your heart like an eagle.
Let it soar with the winds high above
Among the spirits of soldiers now sleeping,
Guard it with care and with love.
I salute my old friends in the corner.
I agree with all they have said –
And if the moment of truth comes tomorrow,
I'll be free, or By God, I'll be dead!
Audie Murphy

dreamerofdreams

Congrats to the new riflemen and woohoo for cadams stepping up!  Well done!
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

Pain Killer

Great job again Toy! This was a great weekend! We had two riflemen with 210 scores get baptized with North Bridge water. It was just a really good time! Thank you to all our wonderful instructors and the really attentive participants. Here's some more pics
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Pain Killer

In addition, it was great to see our friend Adena from SC (State Coord.) and congratulations to her husband Chris (cadams) on his rifleman score and his shiny new orange hat! More pics

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

KARDIAK KID

I MUST APOLOGIZE TO YOUNG ANDREW H. HE CLEANED THE LAST RED COAT, HE AND HIS DAD LEFT RIGHT AFTER THE COF BECAUSE HE WAS TIRED AND HAD ANOTHER EVENT TO GO TO LATER THAT NIGHT AND I FORGOT THAT FACT WHEN I WAS TAKING THE TALLY.
CONGRATS TO YOUNG ANDREW, HE WILL BE A RIFLEMAN SOON.
Dusty old helmet, rusty old gun,
They sit in the corner and wait –
Two souvenirs of the Second World War
That have withstood the time, and the hate.
Many times I've wanted to ask them –
And now that we're here all alone,
Relics all three of a long ago war –
Where has freedom gone?
Mute witness to a time of much trouble,
Where kill or be killed was the law –
Were these implements used with high honor?
What was the glory they saw?
Freedom flies in your heart like an eagle.
Let it soar with the winds high above
Among the spirits of soldiers now sleeping,
Guard it with care and with love.
I salute my old friends in the corner.
I agree with all they have said –
And if the moment of truth comes tomorrow,
I'll be free, or By God, I'll be dead!
Audie Murphy

Pain Killer

Great job Andrew H.!!! O0 With persistence you will be a rifleman very soon. Cadence, it was very nice meeting you.  You are quite the dancer. Thank you for bringing your daughter and newly crowned riflewoman, Lauren! Huzzah!

PK

ThePoet

Thank you to all of the volunteers who make this such a great event and organization.  I had the pleasure of attending my first Appleseed with my daughter.  She's ready to try again for her Rifleman patch. 

I have already spread the word to friends and family and look forward to another event (hopefully in Charlotte) very soon!

Great job!

Cadence

Thanks to all the Charlotte crew for making me feel welcome in my border raid from Ohio and helping my daughter get her Rifleman's patch at her first Appleseed.  ^:)^Just goes to show you the marksmanship techniques we teach really work, especially since she came in with absolutely zero experience in rifle shooting. (She had a long list of Daddy-Do projects and didn't have time to give her any guidence prior to Saturday. ~~:) Hope you allow me to return if and when schedules work out. Great instructors + Great instruction + Great facility + Great weather = Great Appleseed weekend.
**)
Painkiller, Kardiac Kid, Adena, and others: You have been appropriately instructed (and tramatized) in the Posterboy NPOA dance. Feel free to practice and demonstrate at future Appleseed shoots! ;D
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Dakota

Another great shoot under our belts! Thanks again to CRPC and their hospitality.
We had a lot of attentive shooters, but I think this was the best group of kids we've had!
The end of the day saw some of the little ones struggling with the weight of the rifles, but nobody sat out even one COF! Troopers until the end!

See you all next time!
Dakota
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12