News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

North Little Rock, AR Nov. 9-10

Started by connibear, November 11, 2013, 06:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

connibear

This weekend started out a little cool and possibly rain, but it just remained cloudy and warmed up just right for 23 shooters to come and learn about Heritage and Marksmanship even though it was opening morning for rifle season for deer. Everyone had great teachable attitudes, and listened well. We started the morning off with redcoat and found we had several 1,2,300 yard shooters and several head shot shooters.
Time went fast, and those that had large MOA's brought their groups a lot tighter to where they should be. There were several though that still need to practice to squeeze that trigger and hold the trigger back. By the end of the day Sat. we had improved on the redcoat target tremendously. We had several 400 yard shooters, and more 1,2,300yard and more head shot shooters at the end of the day.
We had a great time hearing the three strikes, everyone seemed to enjoy them very much.

Sunday brought out 19 shooters, and after a few sighters and a couple more drills, we got into the AQT grind and two Riflemen showed themselves early. Jace qualified on his very first AQT with a 212, plus this was his first appleseed, and Marc qualified with a 218 after, I believe it was three AQT's. We had several in the 180's and 190's. With another appleseed I believe they will come along and get their patch.
Everyone else, just keep practicing what you learned this weekend, you now have the fundamentals to marksmenship, now you just need to work on it.

Thankyou to all the instructers that came, smiler, kat, libby, sticksnstones, mike1alfa, Ironscoutamos, and umdaddy you guys and gals did great working the shooters and making things easier for me this weekend.

I will post pics tomorrow, so if any shooters or instructors have anything to put on here please do so.
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

Libby

I enjoyed this shoot immensely, we had 23 great shooters. Congratulations to Mr. Jace and Mr. Marc on your riflemen.
Mr. Patrick and Mr. Scott, y'all are so close to your Riflemen!! Stephanie and Kylie you improved so much! Remember a riflemen persists!  Ms. Gina, Jace, and Jansen, I hope that the Appleseed information will help with your 4-H shooting sports. Everyone else did great!!!
Thank you to the DARC range, we appreciate the use of your great range.
I enjoyed working with the other instructors, Hope to see y'all on the Appleseed trail. 
God Bless,
      Libby

sticksnstones

A cool start to Saturday didn't seem to deter anyone. We had a great group of shooters with lots of promise and drive. Several that only attended Saturday had great potential and had they come Sunday they may have shot great scores. We had ladies and gentlemen of all ages shooting and they all did great and showed great improvement with each string of fire. Jace who was a little frustrated on day one, did not let that slow him a bit and on Sunday shot rifleman on his first AQT. A rifleman always persists. Marc our second rifleman was a walk on Sunday that came with an open mind and shot well from the start. It didn't take him long to shoot a rifleman score. Good job. I was proud of all of our shooters and with a little more time they will improve greatly. I had a blast with this group
On another note, for my first shoot as an IIT, I couldn't have asked for a better group of instructors to work with. Mike1alpha and Ironscoutamos, it was great seeing y'all again and working with you both. Y'all did a great job. Smiler, Kat, Libby and umdaddy, it was nice meeting you all and y'all's shooting instruction and professionalism was at the highest possible level. Connibear you really stepped up and filled a big pair of shoes. You did an awesome job and kept everything running smoothly. We had a pretty large number of shooters and it seemed to go great. Shooters and instructors alike, it was a pleasure :bow:
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

connibear

Here are some pics. It may take several posts to get them all, BUT  :pics:

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

connibear

some more.

connibear

pics

connibear

Last but not least, mike1alfa telling the first strike

mike1alfa

This was a wonderful event, I had a great time :)(and learned some things too, like how to adjust
Tech sights and to have extra 1 1/4 size sling swivels  ;).)
     All the shooters had lots of improvement. Congratulations to Marc and Jace, great job O0
    Every one needs remember a rifleman persist. I hope to see some (or all of you) at another         
    Appleseed event :--- :---

dart67eb

Kudos to you folks.  That, IMHO, is the premier AS venue.
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Quinncannon

DARC is a great place to hold an Appleseed! That was my first place to participate in an Appleseed a few years ago and dart67eb was still an Orange Hat at that time!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

redbaron

connibear

It is. This range is a private range for military and law enforcement. They have several cool things there. They used to repel from the chopper but they dont do it much anymore. Great place for appleseed.

redbaron