News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rising Fawn AAR, Nov 9-10, 2013

Started by SureShotSpartan, November 11, 2013, 04:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SureShotSpartan

We began the final Appleseed event of 2013 in Rising Fawn with HIGH HOPES and we were not disappointed.  Although Saturday morning started with brisk temperatures, the weekend's forecast called for very favorable conditions to be outdoors celebrating LIBERTY!!

Twenty-six shooters and ten instructors filled the venue to near capacity and we quickly got underway.  ~~:)  Our hearts were softened and our resolved hardened by the inspired telling of the First Strike by Ramblinwreck, priming our guests for "payback" on the first Red Coat of the event.

With each drill that followed, the students eagerly absorbed the finer points of marksmanship conveyed, and with each drill performed, they began to develop good habits.  Each student found multiple ways to "pay" the Instructor Cadre with excellent questions and faithful attention to detail!!  THANKS GUYS!!

During our lunch break, goose (Second Strike) recounted the riveting events from the morning of April 19th with soul stirring accuracy!!  GREAT JOB GOOSE!!

After lunch, we moved back to the line and continued the instruction and, as we introduced new positions, all of the students continued their dedication to improvement.  On the only AQT of the day, several of the shooters shot very respectable scores!!

An end of the day treat was enjoyed by all.  The Shoot Boss told the Third Strike and Morpheus took the event to its emotional peak, channeling his inner Patrick Henry while giving the infamous "Give me Liberty or Give me Death" speech!!!  HUZZAH!!   

Those that stayed after we had concluded the "official" portion of the day, were treated to a Q&A session and product demonstration with David from Liberty Suppressors!  Each person that wanted to was afforded the opportunity to shoot a suppressed 9x19 H&K pistol.  Let's just say, we should have brought more ammo!!   O0   :---

Sunday began with mild temperatures and brilliant blue skies!!  The morning's instruction was a well executed review of the previous day's leasons. Fabricator, tnjay, General Stuart and the rest of the Instructors did a great job engaging our students with thought provoking conversation.  That was the "sign" I was looking for.  We were primed for a GREAT DAY!!

During the afternoon, two Riflemen emerged from the ranks, Steve (221) and Todd (216)!!! Great job men!!  Not to be outdone by their "older" counterparts, Ella (9 yrs old) shot a 191 and Scout (10 yrs old) shot a 226 from support!!  HUZZAH!! 

To a person, each of you were a pleasure to be around.  Your desire to learn is to be commended!!  You've heard it said, "Practice makes perfect."  I disagree.  "PERFECT practice makes perfect."  I'm confident that each of you, despite where you are in your journey, have what it takes to shoot a Rifleman score.  But, more importantly, I KNOW each of you have what it takes to champion LIBERTY'S cause.  Thank you for joining us on the line!

I trust that each person in attendance, shooters and Instructors alike, will fondly look back on this event and remember it as a benchmark in their lives. 

May Liberty Increase,

Spartan

P.S.  Pictures to follow.  Feel free to share your photos and comments.

Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams

SureShotSpartan

Ramblinwreck telling the First Strike

Second Strike with goose

Katie, James, Robert and Will

Neil, Matthew, Christine and goose

Andy and Stephen

Morpheus and Taylor

Our most passionate volunteer with her "Appleseed Sign"

Instructors "carding the sights"

Talking with my posterity, Ella and Scout, about Luther Blanchard and the ability of youth to contribute to Liberty's cause

Thirty-six Patriots joined in celebration of Liberty

Sunday morning's review

Chris

Brian

Ella and Tellico

The Gainesville contingent: Stacy, Todd, Amy, Katie and Thomas

Bowditch and Tellico

Ella and her 191!!

Scout and his 226!!!

Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams

goose

It is always an Honor and Priviledge to be among everyone who participates, students and instructors, as it encourages and motivates me to be a better American Patriot.

We had a terrific weekend, didn't we!-- A pure joy to be among such great people.

*Thank you, Nathan, for the compliment on the Second Strike.

-goose
"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable..." - H.L. Mencken

SureShotSpartan

As your humble author, I would like to explain the next few photos a bit.  I had completed my third SBiT event back in October.  For all intents and purposes, I became a Shoot Boss after that event.  However, I knew that my wife and daughter were going to be attending their first Appleseed, at my first event as Shoot Boss.  Their selflessness has enabled me to commit to the program and I wanted them to be there when I got my "new" hat. What appears in the following photos is a "changing of the guard", so to speak.

Registration

Ramblinwreck

Morpheus

The Six Steps

A line filled with the best students

Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

Ramblin' Wreck

It was another great Appleseed weekend here in Rising Fawn and what I believe was the largest group of shooters we've had yet. The entire group gave us a teachable attitude and everyone left a better marksman and knowing more about the principles that made this country great.

The highlight for me was being able to "officially" give my good friend SureShotSpartan his new green hat. He's going to be a superb Shoot Boss. Huzzah little brother!

We're beginning to lay out the schedule for 2014 events here in Rising Fawn and in the Tri-State area so watch the web site for the next dates.

Ramblinwreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

Pop Revere

It was great to meet all of my Patriotic Appleseed brothers and sisters in Georgia. I really enjoyed the day on Saturday especially while helping Ella & Scout. It was awesome watching them shoot. Scout was shooting some incredibley accurate groups on Saturday so I'm not surprised he did so well on Sunday. Sorry I couldn't be there to see it but my work schedule got changed, again.
Goose you did a great job on the 2nd Strike. Spartan that was one of the best benedictions I've heard and congrats on your new hat. Morpheus your reciting of Patrick Henry was incredible. I was blown away. Ramblinwreck Thank You for the hospitality.
It was a true pleasure to meet all of you and I look forward to seeing and working with you again.
P.S. I wonder, if I get my boss from work to come to an Appleseed, will he enjoy it enough to give me more time off of work? Worth a shot.  :---

Till next time,
AR-Mike
The constant threats against our Country and our Liberties make me worry about my Grandchildren's future. This has made me realize that I don't have time to wait on my work schedule to slow down or my knees to get any better. So I'm back, ready and willing again, to do what I can because "I will NOT allow Liberty to die on my watch".
Mike Cofield (Pop Revere)

Attended my 1st Appleseed in 2010
Scored Rifleman & took an Orange Hat 2013
IBC  Pelham, TN  2-2014
IBC  Columbiana, AL  7-2015
KD Qualified at CMP Talladega, AL  1-2016
IBC Huntsville, AL  2-2022
Re-Activated 2-2022