News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wallingford, CT: 9&10 nov 2013

Started by Jay Haich, November 11, 2013, 03:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Haich

Thanks to all who braved the "cool" weather this weekend. Although Sat started off below freezing it did not dampen the enthusiasm of the folks. Sun was much warmer (no gloves and only one jacket). We paid for this improvement with a rain shower in the mid afternoon.
The shooters kept up with an accelerated pace on Sat(we needed to be out of the facility by 5pm). On Sunday we started half an hour earlier and had finished our Red Coat by 9:15. This set us up nicely and we did a Ball and Dummy exercise and 3 AQTs before lunch.
I had a wet reminder to remember to pack in the pop up shelter - the Dry Erase markers do not work that well on a wet whiteboard  :-[. We improvised and continued the KD lecture on the back of the maps that I use for the 3 Strikes.
Sun had a heavy attrition rate and by the time it started to rain we were down to 3 shooters. The instructors were very impressed (and more than just a bit envious) of the energy levels of our 2 junior shooters at the end of the day.
We were fortunate enough to have 5 IITs doing Progress Checks this weekend and they rotated thru their roles smoothly.
A big thanks to Blue Trail Range for hosting us this weekend.

Reset that Trigger

The CT Instructors modeling their Shooting jackets (can u say Carhartt  O0)

Quickly, Quickly. Post those squares

Checking for (and finding) improvement in the Red Coat scores on Sun morning

Sunday morning recap

Scoring AQTs

It got windy between rain showers...the rocks were on standby in case the wind tried to blow the shooters off the line ;D

and then there were 2...

These are the Young Patriots that had way too much energy at the end of the day (thanks to D-Donuts???)
If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Fred; Quoted (out of context) at an IBC on Battle Road 2011 "All it takes is a Red Hat and a Sharpie to run an Appleseed."
We ALL know this is not true and I would like to thank all the Hats, Admin and other volunteers that are involved in making an Appleseed Shoot happen.....

TOMINCT

It was good to be back to BTR as they've been a good supporter of Appleseed in the past. Although I was there for Saturday only but several students showed a marked improvement by the end of the day.

It was great to see almost half the line being junior shooters. They hung in tough when it was bitter on Saturday and made it back Sunday to finish the weekend. A rifleman persists.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13