News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Afton, Ok. AAR Nov 9-10

Started by TomCat, November 11, 2013, 12:00:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomCat

We had two beautiful Fall days to work with.  One new Rifleman, one new Redhat, and one new Shoot Boss.
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."

TomCat

Carla shot a healthy 224, and also took an Orange Hat.  Welcome Carla!  SKSMarksman was promoted to Red Hat, and the Tomcat is now a Shoot boss, with much yet to learn.  Much thanks and a debt of honor to mentors Scarecrow and Henschman.  (this was such a good looking group I decided to post the pic twice)

TomCat

Near perfect weather weather both days.

TomCat

All shooters stayed both days except one, who is already a Rifleman,  and has agreed to read the Riflemans Promise.  We are holding our fingers.

TomCat

Everyone stayed busy, all approached their tasks seriously.

TomCat

The Redcoats had a really bad day Sunday when they approached Carla's position.  There were also 4 other head shots Sunday afternoon.

rinkrat

congratulations to those that got promotions and for are new orange hat and Rifleman Carla!! Wish I could have been there for the whole weekend.

Surveyor1653

It was a great weekend with a great group of shooters.  They were Patriots all.

Congratulations to Carla for scoring a very impressive 224 first-time Rifleman score.  Well done, and thank you for taking to the trail as an IIT.

Congratulations to SKSMarksman on earning his red hat and to TomCat for earning his green hat.  They are both well deserved.
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court

SKSRifleman

It was a beautiful weekend with great weather and a great group of shooters. Congratulations Carla for finally joining the tribe of Riflemen (and Riflewomen). This her 3rd shoot that I've worked with her at and it has been awesome to watch her persist and get better with every AQT. Congratulations Tom for making the Green Hat. I look forward to working under your wing in the future.

Well, it's been a long and fun journey this year as an Orange hat working and learning from all the Oklahoma instructors. I finally got to put on the Red Hat. It was a little surreal, but in a good way. It just seems like yesterday I attended my first Appleseed "eating dirt and sweating bore solvent" as they say in the hot Oklahoma sun, now I'm instructing  :) I look forward to continuing to work to turn our corner of the nation into Riflemen.
The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them." - George Washington - July 2, 1776

"Like it or not, everything is changing. The result will be the most wonderful experience in the history of man or the most horrible enslavement that you can imagine. Be active or abdicate, the future is in your hands." - William Cooper