News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Red Hat for Hire!

Started by Barbie, November 05, 2013, 04:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbie

Hey ya'll!

Barbie from Indiana here... well, this post is half Appleseed related, half personal business.

It looks like I will be relocating from Indiana to the Long Island area (more specifically the area surrounding Middle Island 11953 (or within a reasonable drive from there) here towards the beginning part of 2014, so I hope you have room for another RH instructor!  I'm very much looking forward to working with all you fine folk in the future.

I already have a job working with a marksmanship company, but am currently looking for that stereotypical "9-to-5" to help pay the bills, so if anyone knows of someone needing a position filled, send them my way!  I have a resume that I can provide, and will work any job, but most of my experience lies within the healthcare field working as a unit coordinator (think secretarial type job duties) dealing with all sorts of computer programs and the such. 

Anyways, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask fellow AS'ers!

See ya'll in 2014! 

~ Barbie  :---
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

slim

brianheeter

Well....  Not sure what to say.  Good luck and we wish you well, of course.  You will definitely be missed.  Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky all benefitted from your efforts.  The Midwest's loss will be New York's gain.

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: brianheeter on November 05, 2013, 09:27:40 AM
Well....  Not sure what to say.  Good luck and we wish you well, of course.  You will definitely be missed.  Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky all benefited from your efforts.  The Midwest's loss will be New York's gain.

brian

What Brian said.  I have enjoyed working with you Barbie.  You will be missed here in Kentucky.  Looking forward to seeing a post from you in the future: "Green Hat for Hire!".  Best wishes.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Charles McKinley

If you neeed a rest in your travel back and forth you are welcome here any time.

Good luck in your new venture.

Stand
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

VietVet

I guess I should say welcome to Long Island but I must warn you you're moving into enemy territory.

Hope you're aware of the laws in NYS. You may have to leave most of your firearms behind.

If you need further info please feel free to PM me and I'll give you my telephone number.

Middle Island is the next town over from me. Less then 5 miles away.

OK.....Welcome to LI............ O0
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Smurf

WELCOME BARBIE!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

I am sure that we all will be on the lookout for any opportunities that may be of interest. In the Long Island/Metro NY area, you will be near some Appleseed personal that are held in the HIGHEST regard.

I would like to extend the following invitation to you:

"The New Bremen Fish and Game Club is kind enough to host three Appleseed Events in 2014. The dates are as follows: May 3 & 4, June 7 & 8, and July 26 & 27.

There is an urgent need for sturdy RIFLEMAN of all abilities to gather on the firing lines of New Bremen's "25 METER RANGE", "200 YARD RANGE" and "400 YARD RANGE", for a weekend of MARKSMANSHIP AND HERITAGE. Shoot Bosses, Instructors of all levels, and students with a burning desire are needed.

This is true RIFLEMANS country located between the Western Adirondack Region and the Tug Hill Region of New York State. The area is know for it's sudden weather changes and there will always be the chance of presenting WINTERSEED PATCHES at ANY of these events. Snow, Sleet, Hail, Bazing Sun, Rain, Fog, Sub-Zero Temperatures, Melting Heat, Mud, Blowing Sand and Beautiful Blue Sky, You may see it all between the first and the last REDCOAT!!!!!

Bring your cameras for the area offers wide ranges of rolling hills, wide fields, raging rivers and mountains. It is the land of the woodsman and farmer. Amish wagons and log trucks cross the roads under the giant power windmills!!! You will no doubt see some of the abundant wildlife that ranges from the MILLIONS of blackflies etc., to the occasional MOOSE !!!! Deer are all over and EXTREME CAUTION should be taken when driving in this region. The Town of Croghan has in many years been ranked as having the highest bear population in New York State. The dogs are friendly but, also like to chew on your ear plugs.

Bring your appetite. This is the home of the world record largest CHEESECAKE made by the Kraft Cheese Plant in Lowville. Fresh Cheese Curd is avaliable at the LOWVILLE CO-OP. VINNY"S PIZZA in Crogan has the best pie north of "the city". And a small ice cream cone from WISHY'S across the street will feed a family of four!!!! The NEW BREMEN GENERAL STORE will keep you happy, supply your needs and can sell you a club membership too.

Yes, staff at all levels is needed. But, if you wish that you could ever get to shoot, this is the event for you to come to, step to the line and "BE A RIFLEMAN"!!!!".

The above event is the longest drive from where you will be located and there are many Appleseed events held in between!!! New York State is VERY, VERY diverse in terms of both land and population types!!!! From the mountains to the sea.

Welcome and the door is always open.

hawkhavn

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Did Spitfire sign off on a transfer????

Seriously, good luck in your new ventures whatever they may be!

NY, you don't know your incredible fortune in this news.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Barbie

I hadn't formally told Spitfire b/c I figured IN would hold me against my will here and not let me leave   ;)

But in all seriousness,   I'm still around for a bit, and even though my location may change, I still plan to be involved with Indiana (I'll always call it home  :) )  So, until I do move next year, it's all hands on deck in IN!  And regardless of where I may be, I plan to stay VERY involved with AS  :---
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

spitfire51

Quote from: Rayne on November 05, 2013, 10:15:43 PM
Quote from: Barbie on November 05, 2013, 09:48:13 PM
I hadn't formally told Spitfire b/c I figured IN would hold me against my will here and not let me leave   ;)

Ooohhhhh! Is this an option???  I know how to hog tie for sure  :)

Let's do it.  Sorry, NY, you can't have her :P  Also, sorry for the thread hijack
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt