News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructors needed in sunny Florida

Started by 9mm4545, November 05, 2013, 12:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

Next weekend (November 9-10) we have a sold out event in Orlando Florida and only two instructors have signed up to staff it. We are now into the prime season for Florida. No heat, no snow, no ice, no bugs, just glorious cool clear sunny weather at a prime shooting location in central Florida. Anyone out there want to sign up and help give this location an Appleseed that knocks it out of the park?
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

PHenry

To make matters worse - I have had a death in my extended family and would like to attend services in NC. Can anyone assist Alkeford at Hernando this weekend? Looks like 10 shooters so far. We pressed for more at last weekend's expo, so more may show up as well.

I would not ask, but this is my favorite uncle and I would feel badly if I did not attend his funeral.

Many thanks,
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

scuzzy

Jeez - if I wasn't doing a shoot in Midland this weekend I'd be seeing about booking a flight out there. Man I need to get out more.
I sure need to meet the instructor core in Florida

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

PHenry

We'd treat u like visiting royalty - er. scratch that. We'd treat u like a visiting High Son of Liberty!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Prof. C.J.

I'm coming to Hernando for Saturday!  :cool2:
"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than to lie. I believe
that it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe that
it is better to know than to be ignorant." – H.L. Mencken

Whippet

I will check Spirit Airlines and see if they have any low cost flights from Detroit. If they do, could I get a lift from the Orlando Airport? My family just came back from WDW last Sunday and I will gladly come back if the flight is cheap enough.
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

dayid

I replied to the PM - glad someone thought to PM because I've been terrible about checking the forum recently.

I will be attending Orlando.

Micah

colycat

I checked for flights.  No good deals from WI,  cheapest is still over $500. :-\
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

PHenry

God bless our AS brothers for bailing us out on these events.  O0