News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman, IL November 02-03, 2013

Started by DrRichP, November 04, 2013, 01:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrRichP

It was a cold, windy, and WONDEDRFUL weekend in Waterman, IL.  Fourteen shooters and 5 instructors turned out to learn about, and reclaim our heritage. My thanks go to Boston, Chewie, Laredo, and Cinco for their outstanding support and hard work. Congratulations to Chewie and Boston for passing the IIT3 PCs, to Laredo for passing his IIT2 PC, and to Cinco for passing her IIT1 PC. Huzzah!

We were blessed with an outstanding group of dedicated shooters who braved the weather, never quit, and made it worth it for this shoot boss to come out. Good marksmanship improvement was seen by all. Effective ranges from improved from Saturday to Sunday, doubling the number of shooters effective at 100 yards, 200 yards, and 300 yards; and tripling the number of shooters effective at 400 yards. Stupendous! ^:)^

My congratulations go to Kent V. (TopGear) for re-qualifying as Rifleman (217) with a bolt action rifle. I think your wife will agree you'll look wonderful in Orange (orange hat that is  ;)). Well done my friend.

Congratulations also go to Steve S. who qualified as Rifleman (214) with a bolt action rifle; most impressive. Huzzah gentlemen. O0

There are also some honorable mentions, Don with a 209, Mike S with a 207, and bearcub once again knocking at the door despite equipment issues  :wb:, but she never quit.

I want to thank my instructor team and all who attended for coming and sharing the weekend with me. If you enjoyed 1/10th as much as I did, this weekend will have been a phenomenally successful. Thank you! :bow:

Pictures will soon be added, so stay tuned. We have some great shots of people with their mouths open, nose picking, toilet paper stuck to people's shoes, and other equally embarrassing moments.

DrRichP
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Laredo

What a great weekend!  Thanks to all that showed up to shoot and thanks to my fellow instructors for helping me.  I learn something everytime I go and this weekend was no exception.  You guys rock! 

It was great to meet all the shooters.  A special "hello" to Charlie!  11 year old Charlie had never shot a rifle before this weekend.  He endured 16 hours of cold and was smiling the whole time.  My daughters said he was the nicest kid they have shot with yet!!  :)  After about the second square on Saturday morning - we all heard Charlie say "Wow, I like shooting!"  To which all the adults joined in a hearty laugh... Amen to that, Charlie.  We couldnt agree more!!!  Keep up the good work.  You will be a rifleman someday.

I have some pictures from the weekend.
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

K-Line 49

I had a great time this weekend at Waterman for the Appleseed shoot, I learned more about shooting in two (2) days than I can remember learning while in basic training in the US Army 46 years ago. Rich, the shoot boss was great, knowledgeable, informative, helpful and always willing to give you a hand! All of the instructors were extremely helpful, Chewie, Boston, Dave, you guys helped me more than once during the weekend and I just want to say thanks! :) :)
All the shooters were friendly and helpful as well, could not of spent a weekend with a finer group of people!

Hope to be back next year, I got to get that bucket, and improve on the 209!

Thanks,

Don K.

Mutti

What a Shoot!  Now that's an amazing AAR!
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Boston

Had another great weekend with another great group of shooters! Was great to see everyone overcome the cold windy start and make real improvement over the course of the weekend. I hope to get the chance to see you a again. As with all of these shoots, I felt like I was learning from everyone there and having a fun time in the process.

Since  :pics: and I did mange to get my gloves off a few times, I will post some photos once I get the size reduced.

Topgear

An excellent group of instructional staff really makes the difference!  I was glad to be able to get my FIL and a co-worker out this time around.  It seems like they thought it was all worth while.  I was happy to qualify with a centerfire bolt rifle, but switching to my AR-15 with an un-magnified red dot on Sunday really forced me to start correcting some of the smaller issues that compound to either help or hurt my score.  It was great to see the family connections involved and even better to see the young ones like Charlie starting down the road of a life-long passion. 

Kent
The whole body suffers for what the dumb mind does.

Trig

Great turnout! Way to go team!  :cool2:

see you in December?   ~~:)
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

SlyGuyBob

I'm a bit late on the game here, just wanted to give a BIG thanks to DrRichP, Boston, Laredo, Chewey, and Cinco.

Not only was my body super sore on Monday morning, my aiming eye was a but twitchy, and it still kinda is.  :slap:

I had a great weekend, and I am looking forward to the next appleseed I attend.
"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
- Dr. Seuss

Boston

So, finally got the photos shrunk down a bit and can add a few more than that lonely, empty firing line.

Boston

More photos

Boston

Last of my photos.

Hope to see you all again! Keep practicing those 6 steps.

DrRichP

DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Topgear

The whole body suffers for what the dumb mind does.