News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Congrats MAC!!!!?!!!!

Started by SteelThunder, November 01, 2013, 01:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluesteel

Quote from: mac66 on November 22, 2013, 10:08:52 AM
Quote from: koolman68 on November 22, 2013, 01:01:08 AM
Congrats Mac, it would be nice if you brought it to the Michigan IBC for us to oogle over if you get it in time.
:---

Later,
Koolman

Not likely to have the Mac Special in time for the IBC, but I will have my new SR 762 by then

Unless Ruger had already planned to adapt the Rimfire American stock to the 10/22 (via provisions for a die insert for the action), and already had that underway, then making an all new injection molding die for the entire stock is a very long process.  Probably a minimum of 24 weeks.  That's most likely the long lead item in your design (depending on how they do the integrated rail).  Add in the design time (for both the stock and die), initial die try out, graining, inspection, set-up, etc and it wouldn't surprise me if they're still 9 months away from the first production trials.  Most molders will do pre-production shots with an ungrained die (smooth, shiny surface) to make sure it fills well and meets dimensional and strength requirements and then send it out to a graining shop (they chemically etch the surface of the die to produce the stippled texture).  Graining usually adds another 4 weeks if you're lucky.

So we're all going to have to be very patient!

mac66

Santa came early to my house today. My prize guns and stuff from Ruger arrived.

I ended up choosing two SR762s, an LC9, a tactical Ruger hat, red shirt, extra mags, AR sights. I'm a happy camper. It was a hard decision to chose the guns. I really didn't need any guns so in the end I took the easy way out, two high end guns (one to sell to pay the taxes and fees) and a pocket 9mm.

Double 308 goodness. One is spoken for though the dealer who handled the transfer offered me a premium to sell him one. He can't get them and it took the prize winners (9 out of 10 finalists chose the SR762, me included) 6 weeks to get them from the factory. What's that tell ya?

Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

scuzzy

Nice - I woulda went for a 308 too. I glad for you - Merry Christmas.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Pitmaster

I probably would have chosen the same. If not, at least one .308. Enjoy them.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

MichiganFlyer

Hey Mac,

Nice selection.  Good to see you home.

Ron

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Unbridled Liberty

Outstanding choices!  Hey, please give us a heads-up when the production run starts, and when we should ask for your rifle at our local dealer.  I'm planning to buy one as a loaner.  This will be my first 10/22.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

mac66

Quote from: Unbridled Liberty on December 20, 2013, 11:59:05 PM
Outstanding choices!  Hey, please give us a heads-up when the production run starts, and when we should ask for your rifle at our local dealer.  I'm planning to buy one as a loaner.  This will be my first 10/22.

UL

The last I heard is the rifle will likely be out in the spring, in time for the NRA convention in April.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

grunt soldier

Congrats and spring is awesome on the LTR! can't wait to see.  very nice choices sir!
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Superheat

Guntalk with Tom Gresham had an interview with Mark Gurney from Ruger firearms he talks about Mac's rifle.

http://guntalk.libsyn.com/guntalk-2014-03-30-part-c

Also, they are giving one away here:  http://www.guntalk.com/site.php

Mac, You need to contact Tom and get on the show!

mac66

Quote from: Superheat on April 03, 2014, 02:38:45 PM
Guntalk with Tom Gresham had an interview with Mark Gurney from Ruger firearms he talks about Mac's rifle.

http://guntalk.libsyn.com/guntalk-2014-03-30-part-c

Also, they are giving one away here:  http://www.guntalk.com/site.php

Mac, You need to contact Tom and get on the show!

Yeah, I'll have my press agent get right on it.  **)
Ronald Reagan